View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 3 card tricks for a kids shows.... MAYBE
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:51 am 
born to perform.

Hello All,

this could be in trick reviews but I am NOT giving real reviews just helping people out that ask this question all the time here...

For those of you wanting to do card tricks for kids... I know.... I know... "Card tricks don't go over well with kids..." However I think these 3 cards tricks might actually work... These tricks range from $13-$17 bucks with your 10% penguin discount....

Little Bunnys Card Trick

First is one that I could see you sitting down reading the story with the kids.... All great magic has a story and man does this one have one! You could even then transistion from this trick to a LIVE bunny IF that is your thing... If you have a bunny in your kids show this trick might work for you!

VIDEO HERE:
http://www.funinc.com/clips/littlebunnyweb.mov

BUY HERE:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorde ... hp?ID=3690

The next one is Kids Kards

This trick is colorful and has a great story.. Good magic has a story... Kids will love this trick!

WATCH 2 VIDEOS HERE:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/allreviews.php?ID=899

This better video HERE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKnZ9Dl3FIo

Animated Deck

The best by far of the 3 card tricks for kids (even better than cardtoon) is Animated Deck I have done this on first grade kids and they love it! I have worn out this deck I have used it so many times. What makes this deck better than "cardtoon" is at the end of the trick you can show the front and the back of the cards as normal again! Yes you heard me right show the front and back of the cards ALL normal again! Might I suggest you buy a cheap 25 cent little plastic roll up wand. You could show the card normal on both sides at first say: "I need a helper!" everyone will raise there hand yelling out "ME..ME!" you then show that the cards are all normal... Then whip out your cheap give away appearing wand out of no where (wow cool!) ... and have one of the kids wave it at the cards.. then POOF the little guy on the cards appears! you give him a name like Joe tell everyone he is shy.. have everyone say "Hi Joe!" then start talking to Joe tell him what he is gonna do and how he is gonna do it and how he better not fail or make you look bad in front of all these kids!" Then have him shoot out of the cannon! When the trick is done tell the kids Joe has one more trick he can disappear. Then have the child wave the wand over the cards again and the cards are all normal again and Joe is gone. Let the child keep the wand as a gift.

BUY HERE:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorde ... hp?ID=5310

Sorry couldn't find a video...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:52 pm 
Penguin

I like your thinking. Magic is an art and magical forums are full of don'ts , dos and rules. Art doesn't have any of these things and neither does magic.

If you can make a card effect work for children, go for it. At least, nobody else will be doing it.

George

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:10 pm 
born to perform.

DINO, Card tricks do work IF you know how to properly present them. The standard card tricks that I do for my peers and adults will NOT work for kids. However, at every show where the kids are about 7 years old I will always do one card trick that i have made for kids.

So, It's possible to use cards, but it just is more difficult then using something like a TT and silk.

Ben Winter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:34 pm 
born to perform.

Quote:
So, It's possible to use cards
Well i did a 56 minute oil and water routine and the kids weren't too impressed... You should do your research. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:51 pm 

swatch0,
You forgot one of the cardinal rules of magic. "Leave them wanting more"

You should have stopped at 55 minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:28 am 
born to perform.

Thanks Dave, I am going to have to totally change the last phase of the routine now but i like the idea of "them wanting more"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:44 am 
Penguin

Wow, 56 minutes, thats a fair stint for a kids attention span, I can understand the reaction you recieved.
Anyway I find that performing card tricks to children can go either way depending on where they are at, I prefer to do card tricks that are visual and that you can translate into a story that they can grasp, that way if some do not understand the story at least they get the visual aspect of the trick, my favorit is the rising card. There are many tricks that can be adapted to suit a kids party but why make life hard for yourself when you can be entertaining them just as much with silks and sponge balls etc.