View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:52 pm 
Penguin

Fine with me. Lets be friends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:23 am 
born to perform.

Thanks guys. I appreciate your responses.

My post truly was intended for everyone's benefit as I enjoy seeing the next generation succeed in their goals.

The kids I work with know that I support them 100%. I always have their backs and I am always looking out for their best interest. They also know that I would much rather do things the fun way, and I kid around with them alot, to be honest I am a big kid at heart. However, they also know that I am not above a lecture or two when the need warrants it-- I guess it is just the mom in me.

I guess my real life is just following me here.... you lucky guys! Just another nagging mom to deal with! LOL

~ Kristen :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:05 pm 
born to perform.

PatrickS wrote:
Fine with me. Lets be friends.

Alright. Thanks by the way kristenl.

Post subject: '
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:40 am 
born to perform.

To Maloney123 & PatrickS,
One thing about this section (Kid's show) We take what we do very seriously and have very little tolerance for people who thinks doing shows for kids is a piece of cake...because we know better. You don't see us going off in some little spat contest.
I use to TRY to contribute a lot some time ago but I've pretty much stopped earlier this year.
It seemed fruitless. If you want to squabble go to the off topic.. that is where the rank amatuers hang out.
Advice on doing kid shows. Don't spend one cent on any magic 'trick'. Spend a lot on books, dvd's/tapes on kid shows. Seriously silly is okay it's not my fav. Sammy Smith and Ken Scott is better. The birthday Party business is written by several bigs in the biz and gives you the bit 'o business that makes kid shows successful.
Forget about the magic, that is the smallest part of your show. ANYONE can do magic. It's your ability to engage the kid's and get them to believe that you are one of them and if they follow your every lead they will have fun. Which is what kid's live for.
You must first work on your warm up stage and then go from there. Without a great warm up your show will not take off for awhile.
If you don't know what a warm up is...then you haven't done your homework on kid shows.
Whew, I've said more today than all of 2008.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:49 am 
born to perform.

Glad to have you back Sluggo! :D I've missed you around the boards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:26 am 
born to perform.

kristenl wrote:

ditto! Then again...where have I been :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:41 pm 

kristenl wrote:

What a lot of you don't know is that Sluggo is one of those crazy persons that run into burning buildings to save everyone's life. He is a true American hero on the Cincinnati OH fire department.

Earlier this year 2 of Sluggo's team mates, a Captain and a Firefighter went into a home to rescure people. when it was clear and they were trying to exit the home, the floor collapsed and both were burned to death.

This is the kind of person Sluggo is and he still takes the time and energy to help make kids laugh and learn about fire safety.

Listen to him and when you can send him a standing ovation!! He is one heck of a guy and a great magician.

Paddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:23 pm 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
kristenl wrote:

What a lot of you don't know is that Sluggo is one of those crazy persons that run into burning buildings to save everyone's life. He is a true American hero on the Cincinnati OH fire department.

Earlier this year 2 of Sluggo's team mates, a Captain and a Firefighter went into a home to rescure people. when it was clear and they were trying to exit the home, the floor collapsed and both were burned to death.

This is the kind of person Sluggo is and he still takes the time and energy to help make kids laugh and learn about fire safety.

Listen to him and when you can send him a standing ovation!! He is one heck of a guy and a great magician.

Paddy

Very nicely said Paddy. You are right-- he is one heck of a guy and one I've enjoyed making friends with. He is also a supportive family man. He is a great role model for the young men around here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:24 pm 
born to perform.

15 is definitely not too young. I've been doing kid shows since I was 11 myself.

Post subject: ;
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:40 pm 
born to perform.

Thanks Paddy for your kind words and to KristenL for her reply.
You really don't think about what could happen until it does. Paddy I'll try to send you the radio transmissions from that incident if you'll want them. It gives a little insight to how it all unfolds.
I talked with the guy that found them and it appears they were taken very quickly.
I'm sure you saw the TV broadcast of the service they were given. I've been to a number of Police and Fire funerals and this one was beyond belief.
After the deceased arrived at the grave site it took fifty minutes for all the Fire and Police vehicles to park bumper to bumper in the street.
By the way Paddy are you staying busy. I haven't seen you in a while. We have to hook up real soon.
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:44 pm 
Penguin

this question is for, kristenl.

quick question, How come your on the forums and not your daughter?
i don't want to come across as rude or anything in the least, but shouldn't she be the one engaging in conversations with other magicians (seeing how she is one)?

again, i don't want to come off as rude or anything of the sort, I'm just curious.

...[Palmeri Magic]...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:58 pm 
born to perform.

No worries ItalianST44 -- no offense taken and I didn't perceive the question as rude only as curious.

Actually, my husband, myself, and my daughter are all members of the Society of American Magicians. Everyone takes a different role in our family, but we are all involved in magic. I do a lot of the research, routining, etc (along with my daughter) and my husband enjoys illusion building and everything else about magic. Right now we are focusing all of our attention on her goals and what she wants.

As to why she isn't here, there are a couple of reasons. She basically doesn't have the time. She spends almost literally all of her time on her academics, student activities, volunteering/mentoring younger children, and/or practicing her magic. The small amount of downtime she does have-- no offense to anyone-- you won't find her getting mixed up in the drama that can sometimes be found on forums. She has no tolerance for it. Instead she enjoys spending her free time in other ways.

Now as to why I am here, that is an easy answer. I also spend a lot of time volunteering working with children. I understand that many of the kids/teens here do not have available a local SYM. It is my hope that I may be of a small help to them. Our family has been blessed by all the wonderful magician friends that we have and the support they have given to our daughter and to our family. I am a firm believer in extending that help on to others.

In the process of being here I have made some wonderful friendships. People that I truly enjoy corresponding with via email and sometimes even by phone -- of course I am referring to adults such as Paddy, Sluggo.....

I hope I have answered your question.

Have a magical day,

Kristen :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:10 pm 
born to perform.

Finally another post in the kids show forum! It died down for like a month without any posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:37 pm 
Penguin

thanks for the clarification kristenl. keep up the work.

...[Palmeri Magic]...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:27 am 
born to perform.

well im only 16 and i already work in restruants and kids shows, corporate events, etc

it all depends on how good you are and who you know :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next