View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:55 am 
Penguin

Almost going back on what I have said earlier, it is a necessity really to be covered in case of accidents. I've never had to claim on it, but its a nice thought knowing that if anything did happen i'd be covered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:03 pm 
born to perform.

Some venues wont let you in without PLI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:25 pm 
Team Penguin

it is comforting...you never know when something is going to happen..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:41 pm 
born to perform.

Exactly! Especially when we live in a world where everyone is sue-happy. I work too hard for what we have to see it all taken away when compared to the small price of a premium.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:13 pm 
Penguin

I'm just glad I'm covered by equity - except for my fire stuff :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:22 pm 
Penguin

i am also 15 but i perform for all age groups. people never tell me im to young after or before i perform. as long as they are seeing good magic, they dont care if your 5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:52 pm 
Penguin

15 is not to young if ur performing for kids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:20 pm 
born to perform.

Logan420 wrote:
15 is not to young if ur performing for kids

I'm 14 and I perform for adults.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:05 am 
born to perform.

You can be young and perform to adults. THey won't tell you when you mess up, they will be polite and clap even when they thought you sucked.

Kids are not the same. You have to have a much higher level of maturity to performfor children.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:36 pm 
Penguin

Dude, I'm fifteen too and I have a lot of clients. I perform for my local Rec center, for B-days and stuff, and my age doesn't seem to hamper my audience at all. In fact, it has helped me with my Kids shows because I can usually connect to them more. Hope this helps...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:47 pm 
born to perform.

I mean this with no disrespect, but if you address your elders as "Dude" then you are still too young to be performing.

Again, no disrespect, but you have to have a maturity level beyond the typical teenager to build a successful clientele and business.

However, I do wish you the best of luck with your endeavors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:04 pm 
Penguin

I wasn't addressing my "elders". I was addressing the topic starter, who is also fifteen, in case you've forgotten. Who are you to talk maturity? Do you know me? I'm very mature when it counts, and I'm very successful for my age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:08 pm 
born to perform.

I apologize if I misunderstood your post as it sounded as if you were addressing ukcop who would be considered an "elder". As I previously stated, I meant no disrespect and was making a general comment on the maturity and respectfulness it takes when one is a youth performer and trying to build a clientele in a market that is normally geared towards the older magician. It can be very hard to be taken seriously as a youth performer so you must always show a maturity level equal to your adult peers when conducting oneself.

As to who I am, I am a member of the S.A.M. who frequents the board in hopes of helping the younger generation any way I can through our own experiences. Yes, I would be one of those "elders". I am also the mother of a youth performer who knows just how difficult it can be on the younger generation. I believe in supporting the younger generation because without them magic will become a dying art form.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:16 pm 
Penguin

Hey, I want to apologize for being rude in my post. I get irritated with those who question my maturity. The last of my posts could have been directed at anybody so I understand where you could have made a mistake and thought I was speaking to somebody older. I noticed your screen name- are you Kristen Lambert's mom? If you are, COOL!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:36 pm 
Penguin

This is very simple to answer....

Are you too young to perform for adults....
A short answer- "No."
A better answer- "Yes."

I, myself had the same problem because I began performing shows at a young age too. Being young will not prevent you from performing for adults. And even at that, you can still fool and get good reactions from adults. However, there is still a mentality level that cannot be changed by maturity.
There are certain life experiences that a 30 year old has that a 15 year old can not. It's not necessarily about the maturity level. It's just tough to explain.
Try this for example....
If a 15 year old started performing for some adults and had sexual -related material in his act. the adults would think that this kid is totally out of control and needs to watch his language.
However, if a 30 year old did the same material... same jokes... same performance the adults would more than likely think it is funny or would be able to relate to it better.

It sucks but that's how it is. You're limited to your performance towards adults. You're limited to the types of reactions you will get from adults. It's nothing that can be changed. Only time will affect it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next