View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Doing Different Shows on Different Days
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:55 am 
Penguin

Hello All,

I thought I would open this up to the board as I am contemplating having two different shows for the birthday market. This would be for repeat customers of course. The problem would arise in the fact that I usually have multiple shows in a day. My solution would be to have a Saturday and a Sunday show. Does anyone else do this?

In order to market this properly I was contemplating a theme for one of them. This would avoid any problems with people seeing the website and thinking that I was going to present certain effects or routines.

My question is does anyone do this, if so what has you success been like? Have you ever run into any problems with parents wanting a certain show on a certain day, if so how do you combat this?

Thanks, I have also posted this elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:01 pm 

I don't do that. I have different shows only in the fact that Professor paddy has his personality and his "brother" Paddy The Clown has a different personality. The effects are the same but the patter and ad libs are different. Also Prof Paddy will change a minor line now and then if ther are no children around. nothing dirty but like when introducing my rope routine I'll say: "A rope just like you find around the house." If no kids are there I might say "A rope, just like you find in any bedroom." Whe it is all adults this gets a HUGE laugh. But that's the only differences in my shows.

Paddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:44 pm 
Penguin

thanks Paddy, on the other forums this discussion took a different road. I guess its a nice place to be where I am busy enough that I want to be able to offer my clients more and they want more of me.

This idea will have to wait until I can purchase a new larger vehicle where i can fit both of my shows as I don’t want to tick any mothers off because they cant have a specific program on a specific day and so I can do (if i decide to do it) both shows in the same day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:09 pm 

I thought that was you on Danny's site. You're Ryan aren't you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:44 pm 
Penguin

Yes sir thats me.

The glamourboy name goes back to when I was involved with professional wrestling if you could believe it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:02 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I personally customize each one of my shows for the specific client. Which is actually just a nice sales pitch to say that I switch things up now and then. The magic I do week to week depends on my mood. I have about 20 different shows rehearsed, and planned for. When I book a show, I figure which show I actually want to do, and then I go on to rehearse that specific one for the couple of months that I have to prepare.

When I have repeat clients, I make sure they get a new show (I keep track of everything on a spreadsheet). But then I also have 3 shows that I have down at all times. One of them is my emergency show that I keep in my vehicle wherever I go. Just for those cases in which I get hired right there and then and they want a show. This doesn't happen too much, but I'm prepared when it does.

I then have a comedy magic show and a psychic entertainment show at the ready at all times. I have some easily exchangeable effects in these such as linking ropes and linking rings. But they are the two shows that I've done the most, and have had the best results from.

Many would probably say I've gone a little overboard on this though, because I do have such a variety of shows that I perform in a year. But the effects really don't change much. It's more of the presentation that really changes.