View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: "You have a meatball where?!"
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:07 pm 
born to perform.

I am putting together a routine for my kid show (ages 5-7ish) as my closer (maybe followed by shrinking head illusion as something to remember me by) which goes like this:

Meatball Sponges: A Misers Dream with meatballs (red sponges). I end up pulling out the meatballs from behind my previous assistants' ears/shoes/ect. My premise is that each of them took the meatballs from me while they helped me on stage. Every time I get a ball, I place it in my hand. I end off with saying something along the lines of "These meatballs are too small for me. I need a big one" and with that I open my hand and a giant meatball is there instead of the many small (2 inch) ones.

What I need are suggestions for where to pull the sponges out of the kids. There is the basic "behind your ear", but I was looking for funnier places. Shoes would be good, but I need like 5 places to pull them out of.

Also, anyone have a good (funny) magic word to make meatballs grow?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:13 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Umm... awkward? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:17 pm 
born to perform.

adjones wrote:
Umm... awkward? :lol:

Hey, it's a kids show. Awkward is funny. And it ties into the trick before it - "Mario's Spaghetti Nightmare". 8)

Post subject: Re: "You have a meatball where?!"
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:57 am 
born to perform.

ayli wrote:
I am putting together a routine for my kid show (ages 5-7ish) as my closer (maybe followed by shrinking head illusion as something to remember me by) which goes like this:

Meatball Sponges: A Misers Dream with meatballs (red sponges). I end up pulling out the meatballs from behind my previous assistants' ears/shoes/ect. My premise is that each of them took the meatballs from me while they helped me on stage. Every time I get a ball, I place it in my hand. I end off with saying something along the lines of "These meatballs are too small for me. I need a big one" and with that I open my hand and a giant meatball is there instead of the many small (2 inch) ones.

What I need are suggestions for where to pull the sponges out of the kids. There is the basic "behind your ear", but I was looking for funnier places. Shoes would be good, but I need like 5 places to pull them out of.

Also, anyone have a good (funny) magic word to make meatballs grow?

Meatballs can be found near their Elbows, Under Arms, Shirt Sleeves, Pockets, Hats (If wearing one) or their Noses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:01 pm 
born to perform.

I put together a little video incorporating a lot of the ideas I got from different people. This is my first time "performing" it, so please disregard the bad presentation.

http://www.vimeo.com/2528170

Credit also goes to Spellbinder (from the Cafe) for his squished meatball idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:10 pm 
born to perform.

not bad it was cute................... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:56 pm 
born to perform.

That was quite good. I enjoyed it and I am sure that the kids will as well.

For places to pull it from it can be from anyway. Shirt pockets, ears, shoulders. Just try to mix it up as much as possible and you should be fine. Also, you can sneeze one up possibly.

For the magic words I would pick something associated to food. Maybe Bon Apetite (or however you spell that), ratotouille, or even meatball-a-toullie as i am sure that enough of them have seen the pixar movie.

Ben Winter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:00 pm 
born to perform.

Very nice routine. I was just thinking, if this is even possible, pretend to eat the giant sponge, and then pull out a mouth coil or something? Just thinking out loud here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:21 pm 
born to perform.

salmononius2 wrote:
Very nice routine. I was just thinking, if this is even possible, pretend to eat the giant sponge, and then pull out a mouth coil or something? Just thinking out loud here.

Not very plausible unless you can find a really big TT that could fit a ball that large.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:06 pm 
born to perform.

ayli wrote:
salmononius2 wrote:

Not very plausible unless you can find a really big TT that could fit a ball that large.

I was thinking it wouldn't work because of something along those lines. Oh well, but as I was saying, I was just thinking out loud. It's just that as I was watching it I thought 'It would be so funny if he actually ate it'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:53 pm 
born to perform.

Very nice routine! What size ball did you use at the end?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:42 pm 
Penguin

ayli wrote:
I put together a little video incorporating a lot of the ideas I got from different people. This is my first time "performing" it, so please disregard the bad presentation.

http://www.vimeo.com/2528170

Credit also goes to Spellbinder (from the Cafe) for his squished meatball idea.

...you've got bigger meatballs than me to perform that! ^_^

Seriously, though, your handling was smooth so (IMO) all you need is (1) a funny, clever "magic word" and (2) to make sure you win the crowd over quickly.

Best Wishes,
Kyle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:37 pm 
born to perform.

coendog13 wrote:
Very nice routine! What size ball did you use at the end?

It is a growing ball that I soaked in water to grow it.

My routine has changed in the way I produce the balls. I will be performing this on Wed, and wil hopefully have a video to post.