View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: a couple questions
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:36 pm 
born to perform.

Alright, I haven't had a gig in almost a year. Looking back, i definately think i need to perform some major surgury on my performance. I'm soon going to be speaking with a talent troupe, and if accepted to join, they would be booking shows for me. I just want to know what you guys think of these topics:

1. How do I incorporate juggling into a kids show act? I can't seem to think of an exceptionally over-the-top way to be fun and exciting and keep the attention of 6 year olds while throwing some balls around.
I've got some ideas, but I don't think it's enough.
-Balls appear from thin air (What do you think of balls appearing from "thin hair" and pulling them from my head? Good idea?)
-incorporate a change bag?
-what are some "fun" items i can juggle with? i might be able to do something with little stuffed animals, then out comes rocky the raccoon?

2. What are your techniques for being exciting, and having an over all fun personality and show?

Thanks!
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:25 pm 
Penguin

be energetic...

as far as the juggling goes here is an act i usually see....
display to the audience 3 juggling knives ... bring up a volunteer... blindfold them and have them lay down on the ground while u explain you will attempt to juggle the knives above them... once they are blindfolded and laying down switch the knives to tennis balls or something else and begin to juggle .... you might drop a ball next to them ... do this for a minute then stop and grab the knives... tell the audience to give the volunteer a big round of applause and take the blindfold off...

i've seen someone do this but you definetely need to have the right attitude about it because you don't want to terrify the volunteer and you want the audience to laugh... think about trying something like that though....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:49 pm 
born to perform.

Sounds like a really good idea, but I don't think I could pull it off with 5-8 year olds without them freaking out, or without a lawsuit from the parents. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:47 pm 
Penguin

well like i said ... you would have to work on a way to make the kid not scared when you bring him up... however no lawsuit because when you start to juggle you actually juggle just regular balls or something else.. not the actual knives...

but ill try to think of some other ideas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:13 pm 
Penguin

Alright first off all - No knifes. Fake or real , no.

If a child See's a knife (fake or real) being thrown around chances are he/she will go home with the mentally " I saw the magic guy doing it - why cant I? "

If the parents are around seeing you performing that - You will most likely be disliked.

As far as incorporating this into your show - Are you performing magic , balloon animals , puppets etc?

Or is this based on strictly juggling. ?

As far as the excitement part, This should naturally come with yourself. If your a sluggish kind of person without a fun personalty - you need major help on that or your just not the right person for the job.

Make the children laugh , if your juggling in the beginning drop the ball or something "oopsy daisy" . If children see you mess up as if its not on purpose they most likely find it to be funny. Don't go up their like " hey look at me I can jugga anything and be amazing". Kids will dislike you if you dont make it entering and funny. If you have anymore questions you can visit my website and email me . Hope I helped , bye.

Www.partiesbyjerry.co.nr