View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: David Ginn - Still Great After All These Years
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:22 am 
Penguin

Recently I returned to checking out David Ginn and just as I was before, I'm still amazed at his style and humor (8 years later). While I have my own style and themed show, he is definitely a big influence in my kid show (including my new one I am currently putting together). Any new 'kid show' magician would be wise to check him out and the products he has available and/or uses (some which should be available here at Penguin). He is without a doubt, one of the 'elite' kid show performers, up there with Silly Billy and the few others at this level. And personally, he is my favorite kid show performer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:15 pm 
Team Penguin

hehehe...you mean to say Silly Billy is on up there with him ;)

David Ginn is a kidshow legend. There isn't much David Kaye can talk about that hasn't already been covered by Ginn.

I watched Ginn every year as a child when I was in elementary school. I've learned a lot from him about performing for children. Not only is he a great performer for kids, he's also one of the nicest guys around. He's a firm believer in treating people right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:10 pm 
Penguin

Oh yeah, David Ginn is for sure a 'kidshow legend.' I was just simply referring to overall popularity mixing in with the performing style and all that.

What impresses me to an even higher degree is his humor that works both for the kids and adults as well. He really knows how to 'entertain' everybody (rather than just a certain age) to a level I'm not sure I've ever witnessed by other magicians (and this includes the non-kid show magicians as well).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:25 pm 
born to perform.

sneak wrote:
Oh yeah, David Ginn is for sure a 'kidshow legend.' I was just simply referring to overall popularity mixing in with the performing style and all that.

What impresses me to an even higher degree is his humor that works both for the kids and adults as well. He really knows how to 'entertain' everybody (rather than just a certain age) to a level I'm not sure I've ever witnessed by other magicians (and this includes the non-kid show magicians as well).

The hardest thing in my opinion is to have created a show with humor in it that will make the adults laugh also. Getting the children and adults to laugh at the same time is a bit of a task.

Sometimes though, the adults will laugh as soon as they see that there children are enjoying them selves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:30 pm 
Penguin

Maloney123 wrote:
sneak wrote:

The hardest thing in my opinion is to have created a show with humor in it that will make the adults laugh also. Getting the children and adults to laugh at the same time is a bit of a task.

Sometimes though, the adults will laugh as soon as they see that there children are enjoying them selves.
No doubt, Maloney, getting the adults to laugh because something is actually funny isn't an easy task and that's what makes David Ginn such a great performer.

One thing he does is throw some jokes out there that are intended for the adults but they're so quick that the kids don't lose their attention to Mr. Ginn. And then there are those jokes/gags that just work for both the kids and adults. David Ginn is a definite master of showmanship with very high presentational skills that makes him be the professional that he is.

That said and if I can be honest, I also make both the kids and adults laugh just as many kid show performers do, there's just something with David Ginn that I really enjoy and in an influential way.