View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:39 am 
born to perform.

Ayli,

How very cool about the magic camp! That is awesome that you will be returning again this year. Now, don't be afraid to ask if you can post some of your marketing material at the camp. Its the perfect opportunity to market yourself in an environment that would be open to children's parties!!

My daughter volunteers every summer for our local recreation district and they don't mind at all that she markets herself. They have even hired her for shows for the children themselves-- and a lot of magic she just does while performing her counselor job anyway because the kids beg her to "do magic". It is a good place for her to try out new little things she is working on to gauge the kids' reaction.

We have a professional magician in our Assembly that puts on a magic camp every year for a neighboring city. He has asked our daughter to come and help him work with the kids too--- unfortunately my work schedule and the camp schedule times conflict so she hasn't been able to. However, maybe next summer (2010) she will be able to since she will be driving by then. She currently has her permit-- and is giving her poor mom (me) gray hairs! LOL

I think it is wonderful that you are helping to spread the art of magic to other youths. I am sure you will reap as many rewards from it as they will. ^_^

Keep up the good work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:43 am 
born to perform.

Maloney,

Good luck this weekend and please let us know how things turn out. Just remember that each is its own show, separate from the other, and have confidence in yourself-- and be geniune!

All the best,

Kristen ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:45 pm 
Penguin

Well, I'm still working on new shows (kid's, general, and mentalism) which I have been for over a year now.

I performed a short magic show with my new theme about 2 weeks ago and it was perhaps the best kids show I've yet to perform. I've already been booked for next year (immediately after the show) so I'm going to continue with this theme and deliver the whole show next year perhaps. I'm hoping to finish it over the summer (I have past successful shows on the side that I can perform if I'm not done this new one, I know the rule, don't take a show if you might not be ready).

Aside from that, not much has been going on and probably won't as I'd like to remain pretty quiet until I'm ready with these new shows.

Congrats on your husband, Kristin, earning the first place honors at the close-up competition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:59 pm 
born to perform.

kristenl wrote:
Maloney,

Good luck this weekend and please let us know how things turn out. Just remember that each is its own show, separate from the other, and have confidence in yourself-- and be geniune!

All the best,

Kristen ^_^

Hey guys,

The shows went incredibly well. I did two adult shows, one for 100 women, the other for 200 men. Both ended in a standing ovation. I was lucky enough to have a cell phone go off in which I had a response to (add lib) which got a good laugh. I also used a ton of adult humor which had the place going off. People came up to me after the two shows and congratulated me on suck a great show. I was flattered with all the comments. I was also very, very happy with my self for performing the way I knew I could. I even had one guy come up to me and say, "You know, it wasn't just the tricks you did, but your presentation was magnificent!". That comment really put me on a high, because that's the thing I work on the hardest.

The other three were just kids birthday parties. These went good as well, but it just doesn't give you the same feeling as adult shows in my opinion.

Can't wait to perform again!. (Tomorrow!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:20 pm 
Penguin

Congrats, Maloney!

While I'll be performing alot more shows for adults in the future, the few that I have performed always gives you a great feeling when they enjoy your show so I know how you feel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:04 am 
born to perform.

sneak wrote:
Congrats, Maloney!

While I'll be performing alot more shows for adults in the future, the few that I have performed always gives you a great feeling when they enjoy your show so I know how you feel.

It's a great feeling. I can't wait for the summer!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:53 pm 
born to perform.

I'm really happy to hear that things went so well for you. Congratulations and keep up the fantastic work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:33 am 
born to perform.

Hey Jordan,

Standing Ovations!!! COOL!!! How long were the shows? What did you do?

Ted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:10 am 
born to perform.

I am happy to report that my daughter's new, totally re-vamped, website is completed. To my adult magician friends on here that have the address, please stop by and visit it and send us a comment about what you think of it. LOL, you will know who you are as you know I have only shared this address with a couple of you on here. I particularly like the new design of the gallery section. It is a strolling banner along the top. Also, be sure to watch the video about what sparked my daughter's interest in magic. I am sure you will recognize the face of the multiple Magic Castle winner. It is a really cute movie.

My daughter is officially getting her braces off today! It seems as if she has had them on forever. Of course, that will mean all new marketing materials and photos. We have a magician friend that actually does it professionally so that is really nice. He did her last ones. I just have to come up with some creative ideas for this set.

Well that is my latest "blog" entry. Please keep up to date with yours too!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

~ Kristen ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:42 pm 
born to perform.

tedricpancoast wrote:
Hey Jordan,

Standing Ovations!!! COOL!!! How long were the shows? What did you do?

Ted

Hey Ted,

I opened up with immediately producing a sponge ball out of some flash paper, which got them clapping and laughing. Within the first 10 seconds, they were already into the show, which is what I aimed for. After finishing my sponge routine, I then moved in to my comedy cut and restored rope routine. After that I did a card prediction from Jay Sankey, and then I finished with Pseudo Phsychometry from PMM. The show lasted 45 minutes.

It was a blast!