View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:06 am 
Penguin

I've also talked with Lierke via PM and worked with him at putting the show together, to help create the theme and that most of the show will actually be presentation. I'm happy sluggo talked about taking the time as I may not have mentioned that as much but I sure know about taking time as a current show I'm working on has taken me over a year and I'm still not completely finished. But I want the best possible show I can give and time will help me reach that.

I would also like to add to the above posts (on page 1) that if you cannot adapt your show to the requested needs (or you're not sure you can), then it would be best to not take it. Within the last year or two, I had a thread on this very nature and mentioned that I was approached about performing a show and knew that I may not be able to reach the size of the crowd and so declined the show. It was all done in a professional manner and both the association (who was going to hire me) and I will work together again when the show is ready as the event I was going to perform at is an annual event.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:04 pm 
born to perform.

Sneak, I agree whole-heartedly that you really do need to know what venues you are and are not suitable for. This is something particularly important for our minors to consider before accepting a job. My daughter was asked to do a wine festival because she was referred to them by a past client although we did not feel it was appropriate for a 14 year old at the time. Instead we offered up some magician friends who did strolling magic who would have been perfect for the venue. Sometimes it really is best to pass on a job than to take it AND in the end you will earn even more respect for doing so not only by your potential client, but also your peers.