View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: whats the best TT
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:53 pm 
born to perform.

Whats the best TT for someone who has never used a TT and has pretty small hands. I am 12 by the way. I am looking at the Vernet Soft TT. any better suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:56 pm 

Go to a local brick and mortar shop for one. Do not buy one on the internet if you have no idea of the size of the thumb and of your thumb. That way you can try one on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:25 pm 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
Go to a local brick and mortar shop for one. Do not buy one on the internet if you have no idea of the size of the thumb and of your thumb. That way you can try one on.

Brick and mortar shop? srry don't call me a newb but i don't know what that is, and i know i have no magic shops near me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:54 pm 
Penguin

Brick and mortar as in an actual shop rather than a virtual/online shop.

I can't really help you with size as I don't know how big your thumb is but I reckon going for small or medium would probably be OK.

As far as soft or hard is concerned. I prefer soft tips for silks and hard plastic ones for bill switches (and cigarettes).

George

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:57 pm 
Team Penguin

The best TT really depends on your plans for it...different TT's of different materials can do and be used for many different things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:06 pm 
born to perform.

majikgeorge wrote:
Brick and mortar as in an actual shop rather than a virtual/online shop.

I can't really help you with size as I don't know how big your thumb is but I reckon going for small or medium would probably be OK.

As far as soft or hard is concerned. I prefer soft tips for silks and hard plastic ones for bill switches (and cigarettes).

George

there are no magic shops near me. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:49 pm 

Oh, do you live in Big Butt UT of a similar place? You aren't far from a real live shop. Go to a ring or assembly meeting and ask them.

OOPs find your local ring or assembly by going to the sites for the International Brotherhood of Magicians (IBM) or the Society of American Magicians (SAM) Life is hard so try Google to find the websites for these organizations

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:33 pm 
Penguin

The best TT you could possibly get is on Frediup.com This french has the most detailed TT ever, and I love it. You shake a spectators hand, and they wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:52 pm 

illusionist19 wrote:
The best TT you could possibly get is on Frediup.com This french has the most detailed TT ever, and I love it. You shake a spectators hand, and they wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Yea isn't that the one that cost like US$30. It is not worth the money they want. Antone that gets that is like the one person who posted the tricks he uses in ONE KID'S SHOW and where he "bought" these tricks. Added up to over US$6000.00. He claimed that all the kids really knew the difference. Sure, we all know that a 5 yr old really knows the difference between a $1,500.00 trick and a rope effect. The ropes will amaze him more because you are doing the impossible with an object that he is familiar with rather than some big box that he has no idea about. In short, Impress the kids not other magicians that don't believe the bull crap anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:18 pm 
Emperor Penguin

illusionist19 wrote:

I have done that with a vernet.

As long as you dont draw attention to it, they wont notice it.
People for the most part dont stare at your hands.. enless you give them a reason, which would be rather odd; Mabye a manicure?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:22 am 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
illusionist19 wrote:

Yea isn't that the one that cost like US$30. It is not worth the money they want. Antone that gets that is like the one person who posted the tricks he uses in ONE KID'S SHOW and where he "bought" these tricks. Added up to over US$6000.00. He claimed that all the kids really knew the difference. Sure, we all know that a 5 yr old really knows the difference between a $1,500.00 trick and a rope effect. The ropes will amaze him more because you are doing the impossible with an object that he is familiar with rather than some big box that he has no idea about. In short, Impress the kids not other magicians that don't believe the bull crap anyway.

Last I checked, a frediup was $150. It is ridiculous though.

As Dave said, I do that with Vernets all the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:11 am 

Check again. FrediUps are in the $30-40 price range.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:39 am 
born to perform.

You're right, I'm remembering a different place.

Post subject: Think About It
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:38 pm 
Penguin

I ordered the TT writer from here (penguinmagic) and at first I was skeptical and what not, dont get me wrong, the thing writes EXTREMELY well and handles smoothly and then my "skeptickness" went away. I had clearly realized that it doesnt matter if you have a 30 dollar one or a 2 dollar one, the point is that regardless of the quality, your spectator is not suppose to see the TT writer at all. I mean I've waived it in front of their face casually and they dont notice it. No one actually sits there thinking ...HHmmmmm I wonder if he has a pencil lead stuck inside a fake thumb and thats what he's wearing" remember, nobody is suppose to see it and as long as you dont call attention to your hands, then they will never suspect a thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:02 pm 
born to perform.

Okay.
I am SIXTEEN, and my Vernet Soft TT is TOO BIG for my thumb.

If you really do have fairly small ("Malini Hands," as I call them), then consider buying a Junior Size TT (last I checked they sell them here).

The Junior should work for you. It does for me! :wink: