View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Help & Ideas Needed!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:04 pm 
Penguin

Hi all,

I'm currently working on a routine based around Tarbells DIY Magic from volume 7 of the tarbell course.

To give you an idea of the effect i'm trying to create:

Performer arrives on stage with a box covered in brown packing paper and explains that being new to magic he has sent away for a learn magic by post kit. The consists of a brown box with a book in it. the book is opened and the performer does the diy magic trick. he continues to change a picture of a wand into a real wand and then uses the box to make a top hat appear. The end result is that there is a magician stood there with wand, silk in pocket, top hat and gloves.

Now this is where i need help. I need some way of producing a pair of white gloves by possibly transforming a picture of a pair of gloves into real gloves (the picture being taken out of a book) but sure how to go about it. everthing else is pretty much taken care of.

Cheers in advance

Richie :idea:

Post subject: Re: Help & Ideas Needed!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:29 pm 
Penguin

You could tie the gloves into a ball and place them in your pocket. Then during the presentation, take out the picture, while palming the glove ball. Then pull the gloves from the picture un-tying the ball with your fingers. Of you could produce them by shaking the picture face down and releasing the ball. Or if the picture is not reusable, you could crumple the paper around the ball and then uncrumple the paper. Or you could make a cone with the paper and let the gloves fall into the cone.
Sorry for saying so many production ideas. I hope this helps.
Drew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:39 am 
born to perform.

WELCOME to Penguin Town, richierichards!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:55 pm 
Penguin

thanks for tips drewer. :)

All ideas are appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:45 pm 
born to perform.

This wouldn't fly close up but would work well in a stage setting. Ball up the gloves and have them palmed, crumple up the picture of the gloves into a ball approx the same size and do a shuttle pass. Or you could cover the gloves in a paper ball that is EXACTLY the same as the one with picture on it but just blank where a pic would be. Hope that made some sense

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:10 am 
Penguin

This is most likely to work best upon a stage. Crowd control and angles will be very important, so make sure you can control your unruly kids. I would prepare a gimmick using two sheets of paper. One would have the image of the pair of gloves, with a neat dotted outline to kind of imply what is going to happen. The other sheet is going to be the behind it. I would probably have the gloves already removed, but then placed back using any type of easily concealed adhesive.

Using whatever method of sleight of hand to produce your concealed gloves, you can use a wand to trace the outline of your (already cut) image of gloves, peel the image from the paper (to add a magical touch), you can then crumple the image forming a ball (it would be held in my left hand). From there, I would have my gloves (I would most likely use a pair of gloves that are made of a very thin material, you can make one yourself or find it from a Halloween costume shop) concealed in my right hand.

I would use the french coin drop sleight, to "pass" the gloves to my right hand, finally revealing the real pair of gloves while quickly getting rid of the ball of paper through whatever means necessary.

It sounds a little complicated, but if I can, I'll try to get a video of my idea to present it if you're having problems visualizing it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:17 am 
born to perform.

Change bag.