View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hi my name is the Amazing Magical Paul
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:47 pm 
Penguin

Well that's my stage name, I am new to the forum and thought I would say hello. I have been performing close up card magic for 19 years. 8 years ago I switched to Bizarre magic, and about 4 years ago I became a professional children's entertainer.
I play a character named Magical Paul. He creates magic thru ascendents.I have a love for slapstick comedy and inventing new sight gags. I have just came up with a new break away coloring book I know its sounds strange but were magicians so its okay.
If any one whats to make one I will pm instructions.

I also apologize if there is already a forum for this I am famous for this. Look forward to chatting with you guys and ladies.

Oh back in the day I was apart of the magic broadcast chat room my handle was Paul if anyone remembers that.

Post subject: Re: Hi my name is the Amazing Magical Paul
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:24 pm 
Penguin

I'm glad you posted here Magic Paul. I see you're performing slapstick, something I've always found hi-larious. My question is, have you ever bought any of the various DVDs on the subject, such as this 3 volume set titled ECCENTRICKS?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S4602

...or perhaps this one:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S14037

I've learned most of these kinds of things from watching the old Three Stooges movies, especially the early ones, they were the best. Also Abbott & Costello had quite a few good ones, even Jerry Lewis (who later claimed he was stoned on Percocet when he did all those crazy stunts...I believe him).

Any DVD or book reviews on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

-S-

Post subject: Re: Hi my name is the Amazing Magical Paul
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:37 pm 
Penguin

ECCENTRICKS are some of my favorite dvd's. I find the combination of slapstick, sight gags, and running gags are a fantastic way to create focus and relaxation beats with in a show but like anything always in moderation.