View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: your first show
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:37 am 
Penguin

hey guys, what was your first show like, nervous? or were you calm,? who did you guys give your first show to, a complete stranger or family member and what age too!

thanks guys, i know everyone including myself has been pretty curious

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:38 am 
born to perform.

I'll be able to tell you in a couple of months!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:33 pm 
Penguin

My first real magic show was quite amazing. I performed for a local t.v. station here in St. Louis and also for a senior citizen organization. There were about 80 people at the show and with it being my first show and having t.v. cameras everywhere I was very nervous starting out. The people were complete strangers which made me more nervous. I started out the show coming into the room while riding a unicycle and then started my magic act. I became less nervous as the time went on and performed a very good show for it being my first performance that was professional.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:13 pm 
Penguin

My first show/s went really wel.. B/c my first shows were at a nursing home kinda place so they couldn't realy notice if i messed up or w/e but it was good, my 2nd show was for my friends sister so i wasn't nervous at all cuz i knew them. so it went well. i like starting with ppl that u won't be nervous(like ppl u know etc.) then moving up to ppl u don't know so then u won't be scared. thats just my opinion. alot of ppl think that its easier to do magic on strangers.

Sam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:32 pm 
born to perform.

My first show was for a Community Service that housed people who had a drinking/ drug problem. About 75 people showed up and as I watched the staff go and get more chairs for the crowd I could not help but think, wow all of these people are showing up to see me. I know 75 might not be many to some, but for my first show it made me nervouse and excited. I open the show with a musical D'Lites routine. I figured it would help get the crowd into the show and it would give me a chance to losen up before having to speak. Being nervous will make your mouth dry quick :lol:, so make sure you keep something to drink near by, it will come in handy regardless of your nerves. After I performed a couple of tricks I relaxed and went on to having a great time. Being prepaired is a must!! I can not stress the importants of planing out your show, making sure that you know not only the routines and the patter that goes with them, but that you know the order and that you have a check list to make sure that you have everything set up ahead of time so that the show is entertaining and that it is able to go smoothly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:49 am 

S2kalltheway wrote:
... B/c my first shows were at a nursing home kinda place so they couldn't realy notice if i messed up or w/e ...

Translate. "B/c" and "w/e" does not make sense to those of us who speak English.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:12 pm 
Penguin

b/c means because
w/e means what ever

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:33 pm 
Penguin

My first show was for my relatives so i wasn't that nervous but i didn't know half of them so i was still a little nervous. It went pretty well though, and as i got farther along in the performance i got more comfortable and less nervous.