View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:27 pm 
Penguin

EVERY TRICK CAN BE AMAZING. The presentation makes the magic, not the trick itself. Ten minutes of thimble magic can be amazing in the right hands. NOT MINE :oops: but still in the right hands it can be amazing. Again magic isn't the trick, magic is the presentation surrounding the trick.

Post subject: :
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:31 pm 
born to perform.

John,
D-lites are not used as a magic trick. As I've said before it's usually used as a filler, that is why they are a PLUS. The kids have fun with it. If you are there to "amaze" the kids with your magic finesse, you are cheating them out of the kind of show their parents hired you for.
It appears as if you take yourself alittle to serious. Silks are fine for a show if presented correctly, that is why they are FINE!
Kids are NOT hard to fool, maybe for you it is but for the most part they are not. I don't know where I said every trick has to be AMAZING! They should be entertaining. If you want to be a Houdini during your shows than go at it, but don't come on here and act like you are the only entertainer that knows anything. It looks like you are by yourself with your "I am King" comments so, it appears as if you need to step back, take a deep breath and look what you may be doing wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:33 pm 
djwjiw wrote:
okay, im not trying to prove a point, or come off as an idiot. But john. what are the tricks you do for kids, just want to know your personal opinion of what kids like in your eyes, and mabe i can interpret it into my routine. Many thanks

If you want the tricks that get the most audience participation, go with sucker tricks. I do sucker milk glass vannish(VERY STRONG) and I also do a sucker dice box routine(EVEN STRONGER) Each one takes between 4-5 minutes (depending on audience participation). Also I do a linking rings routine (5 Mins). Those 3 tricks make up about a third of my show. I find them to be the best with alot of kids jokes and they will take kids from almost getting out of their seats in roudyness(For the sucker tricks) To complete silence with amazement in a blink of an eye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:11 pm 
born to perform.

Okay guys i just finished the show. I handed out about 20 business cards to people.. The parents liked it as much as the kids, so that was good. It was about 25 minutes long...just cuz i spoke a little fast (my first show). Good audience participation, the kids were involved and loved it. Didnt get my pay yet, i just asked for a tip but i have a feeling edited give me a decent pay. THanks EVERYONE for helping me out and giving me ideas. That truly helped and my confidence was great and i spoke \loud and clear. Everyone loved it. Thanks everyone especially sluggo for making this possible!! Oh another thing, last night i was practicing this one more time, and my dog somehow got his hands on my dlite as i was watchigna college hockey game. He completely destroyed it, but i still got it to work and it gom me through the show.. Perfect timing eh?

Post subject: :
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:32 pm 
born to perform.

Dj,
Were you suppose to get paid for this? NEVER, ever leave without getting paid.
Sorry about the D-lites but stuff happens. I always forget to take mine out of my pockets when I wash my costume. They're clean little D-lites but they don't work very well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:28 pm 
born to perform.

Hw old are you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:05 pm 
born to perform.

im 14..i got 50 bucks..the guys me neighbor, so it really wasnt the bigest deal, and b4 i left he said that edited pay me that night