View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: where do you get the money?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:54 pm 
born to perform.

lately it seems that tricks are getting expensive and i notice kids have new lists every month it is as if they just give up on there other tricks.
now the most expensive are the kid show ones like hippety hop rabbits 69.95 i dont understand i get a new trick every 3 months and i use it evry day unlike others who have enough money to get a new list every month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:24 pm 
born to perform.

I get paid...That is how I get new stuff.
-Tyler

Last edited by skate13 on Mon May 23, 2005 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:14 pm 
Penguin

me too

Post subject: Re: where do you get the money?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:24 pm 
born to perform.

ween wrote:
lately it seems that tricks are getting expensive and i notice kids have new lists every month it is as if they just give up on there other tricks.
now the most expensive are the kid show ones like hippety hop rabbits 69.95 i dont understand i get a new trick every 3 months and i use it evry day unlike others who have enough money to get a new list every month.

Get a job.there is money weekly.Get a good routine together and start doing shows for cash.there is some more money.(magic!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:44 am 
Team Penguin

shows=experience note: shows also = money

experience=more shows

more shows=publicity note: more shows also = more money

publicity= even more shows

even more shows=even more money

make money doing shows with effects that you have. then you can buy new ones after performing these enough. I run a new show every 6-7 months. I run a new school assembly show every year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:35 pm 
Penguin

Just get a part time job to support your habit. Work at that as your mild mannered citizen during the day, and then at night (and every other weekend and holidays) go out and practice your craft.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:19 am 
Penguin

All your tricks don't have to be the latest kids props. There are lots of great children's routines out there that only require cheap props or even things around the house, TTs, ropes, sponges,picture cards. I'd suggest the next time you have a bit of cash to spare don't go and buy the latest kid's trick buy a couple of books or DVDs with kids routines in them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:48 pm 
born to perform.

majikgeorge wrote:
All your tricks don't have to be the latest kids props. There are lots of great children's routines out there that only require cheap props or even things around the house, TTs, ropes, sponges,picture cards. I'd suggest the next time you have a bit of cash to spare don't go and buy the latest kid's trick buy a couple of books or DVDs with kids routines in them.

You might check out this video. It will show you how to get the most out of what you have.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:10 pm 
Penguin

What i would do is take out a loan get another job and then do gigs on the weekend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:53 am 

skate13 wrote:
I get payed...That is how I get new stuff.
-Tyler

How do you get "payed?" Could not find word in the dictionary.

Did find "PAID." If someone can not read or write English correctly how do you get a job?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Good point Paddy. I have had a fulltime job almost all my life, first the Navy now in Civil Service. Find some part time work and use some of your earnings to buy new effects. A good video that will give you a nice show with minimal $$ is Dan Harlan's Packs Small Plays Big Kid's Birthday Show, I highly recommend you get this. Most of the stuff you may already have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:08 am 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
skate13 wrote:
I get payed...That is how I get new stuff.
-Tyler

How do you get "payed?" Could not find word in the dictionary.

Did find "PAID." If someone can not read or write English correctly how do you get a job?

Okay Paddy, one mistake. Everyone makes them. I know what you're talking about though. A lot of people, particularly on these forums, spell almost every word wrong, but they don't care about that. I do care about spelling words wrong, which is why I check over all of my posts, but sometimes I miss a word or two.
-Tyler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:58 am 
Penguin

Paddy, you made several mistakes in your own post correcting someone else's. I think you’ll find this is what you meant:

How do you get “payed”? I could not find the word in the dictionary. I did find “paid”. If someone cannot read or write English correctly how do they get a job?

“Payed” is in the dictionary, it is the past participle of one of the definitions of pay (albeit the incorrect one), as in, I payed out more fishing line.

George

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:26 am 

majikgeorge wrote:
...“Payed” is in the dictionary, it is the past participle of one of the definitions of pay (albeit the incorrect one), as in, I payed out more fishing line.

George

Thanks, George. I used the American College Dictionary and that definition is not listed. The Oxford English Dictionary, I am sure, would include it. Of course my dictionary does not list the spellings "colour" or "neighbour" so it is for strictly American usage.

Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:48 pm 
born to perform.

Yes Peter, I looked it up too. Payed and paid mean the same, as far as I can see. Hey, we all learned someting.
-Tyler