View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: FREE internet listings for Wizards
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:29 am 
Penguin

If you perform magic as a Wizard or Witch, you are welcome to FREE publicity by being included in our Hall of Fame section. Go to http://www.magicnook.com to see if that is something you would be interested in. It's just starting up so you can get in on the ground floor, so to speak. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:48 am 

Interesting site. TOTAL RIP OFF but interesting. Also the post is in violation of the rules about marketing your products here.

Post subject: Interesting perspective...
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:18 am 
Penguin

I find it interesting that you regard something FREE as a TOTAL RIP OFF. Usually someone has to pay money before deciding they were "ripped off." No products are being marketed since the offer is for FREE publicity, something most magicians are interested in (but not you, obviously), so there is no violation of posting rules involved as far as I can see. However, if the majority of readers of this post (or the forum moderators) feel differently, I will resign from this forum and keep my information sharing to myself.

Post subject: Apology
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:05 am 
Penguin

I must apologize for my friend's post here (Jim Gerrish- 1st post). My Magic Nook site is only for Wizards, Witches and professional Magicians, not suitable for the patrons of this site who are mere children, just starting out playing with magic toys.

You should ignore his post and NOT even LOOK at the Magic Nook. It's no place for you. For example, we don't believe in doing magic with the bright shiney tubes and boxes that all of you on this site seem to love.

The magic here is divided into categories based on the props used, like card magic, coin magic, rope magic; while our Wizard magic is categorized into magical applications like scrying, clairvoyance, psychokinesis and words you can't even pronounce. That's why friend Paddy felt ripped off. He went to the site and couldn't find anything familiar to him. Stay here where things are made of plastic and you don't have to make a trip to the forest to seek out your magic wand (and then you actually have to carve it yourself! It's just not for you!).

Please don't bother to show me to the door. I can find my own way out.

Phineas Spellbinder
proprietor: http://www.magicnook.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:21 am 
born to perform.

Lol, C'mon Paddy you didn't find this comical at all? I like how he accuses everyone on this site being completly inept because he can use "dem big fancy words der".

Also you are in violation of marketing as it clearly states on your site

Quote:
"The supplies listed on this page supplement the requirements of the textbook, First Year Magik by Professor Spellbinder. While there is no need to purchase all the supplies listed, or even to purchase them from us, we make them available as a convenience for all-in-one shopping. When comparison shopping, please note that all our items are priced postpaid within the continental USA, while others charge extra for shipping and "handling."

Seriously you think you will boost sales by making your first comment to this site with demeaning remarks? So why your showing yourself the door please be sure to deadbolt it behind you, I mean afterall you don't want our ignorance to effect your magick conjuring now.

Post subject: Re: Apology
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 6:48 am 

PSpellbinder wrote:
I must apologize for my friend's post here (Jim Gerrish- 1st post). My Magic Nook site is only for Wizards, Witches and professional Magicians, not suitable for the patrons of this site who are mere children, just starting out playing with magic toys.
... That's why friend Paddy felt ripped off. He went to the site and couldn't find anything familiar to him. Stay here where things are made of plastic and you don't have to make a trip to the forest to seek out your magic wand (and then you actually have to carve it yourself! It's just not for you!).

Please don't bother to show me to the door. I can find my own way out.

Phineas Spellbinder
proprietor: http://www.magicnook.com

LOVE THE COMMENT!!! It's funny that I have appeared at The Magic Castle, yes a paid appearance, but I am one who uses thing "made of plastic." I said it was a rip off because every section is actually a lead in to buy the book and props for that section. It gets you to spend money and then will send you some very basic instruction.

A magic teacher could give you much better for less money and you would be able to ask questions when you don't quite understand the actions or principle being taught. Plus a mentor would be a heck of a lot cheaper. Sorry but a thief is still a thief.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 1:27 pm 

My favorite part is that laymen are referred to as "muggles." When you grow up and learn that Harry Potter isn't a real-life magician, then come back.

Post subject: Re: Apology
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 6:51 am 
Penguin

Quote:
A magic teacher could give you much better for less money and you would be able to ask questions when you don't quite understand the actions or principle being taught. Plus a mentor would be a heck of a lot cheaper.

You must be used to really underpaying your mentors, but your point is well taken about being able to ask questions when you don't understand, so I will address that part of your concern...

The Internet Advertising really is FREE with no requirements to buy anything, but IF you decide there is some magic instruction unavailable at Penguin Magic that you would like to purchase, you will find an e-mail address posted at the bottom of the purchased instructions which can be used to ask questions about the instruction directly from each author. Let's see your magic books on the shelf do that.

So while a thief can always prove his innocence, it is much harder for a fool to prove he is not a fool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:20 pm 
Site Admin

Ok going to lock this up, both users are coming from the same IP seems they are pushing their site, and under Kid Shows???? I saw one trick there for Kids show for $3.00 you have got to be kidding!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]