View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: finale
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:16 pm 
born to perform.

I have recently joined another forum and found that most of the members are at least twenty and above and many REAL professional entertainers. I have received more info in one day than I have in one full year on this kiddie forum.
Penguin magic has a lot of good products and I'll continue my affiliation with them but, this forum is an absolute joke.. Ta. Ta!

Post subject: Hey
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:13 am 
Penguin

the problem here is that there all 9 year olds that think there gonna be good.......... where is the forum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:57 am 
born to perform.

Just a few quick suggestions on how you act, I think you acted like a kid because a twenty year old dosn't act like that. I mean if you dont like the forums here then just leave, you dont need to tell us the whole story. Why should it matter if there are young kids here, it is all the better. The older people here and the more knowledgeable they are can help them out wih what ever they are having trouble with. I have been with penguin magic for 2 years and it is the best run so far. The help is great and tricks are amazing and they try and get the most popular tricks up so that people that want to perform that trick can do it successfully by the penguin only forums.

If you are having trouble you can contact penguin at a whole selection of e-mails and telephone numbers and they are more than happy to help you out with what you need.

Scott Romansky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:18 am 
Penguin

I generally find it best to lead by example. Remember that the forums are not JUST for receiving advice, but also for giving it.

Yes, there are lots of youngsters, all thinking that they know more than the experienced professionals (gee, isn't that true in real life too?); the best thing to do (frustrating though it may be at times) is to always post with dignity, and maybe a little wil rub off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:08 am 

I see where you're coming from sluggo. But if you notice there are some knowledgeable people around here that offer great advice and well-written posts.

TheCaffeinator, chrisrkline, paddy, sirbrad, symbolmike, DaveV, Fatal, samian, John Frawley, etc.
j

Post subject: '
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:50 pm 
born to perform.

Jared,
You are right, there are some very good people on this forum, as the ones you pointed out. But for every one good one there are twenty that are clueless.
They think that because they have done card tricks in school they are now magicians. I was on the other site for one hour and got some very good advice, from people that lives it and works in the field. I didn't see ONE post about how to impress a fourteen year old girl.
Scott,
You are right penguin does have good products and as I SAID I'll keep my affiliation with them in that regard. I've PM'd a lot of the more 'serious'
kids to give them advice or answer their questions. I will never give someone advice on how to do a show when they already booked it. If this post bothered you and the hundreds of ridiculous posts on here didn't then you are one of them.
The reason I said anything is for the REAL serious ENTERTAINERS to look beyond here if you really want to receive useful info.
If anyone wants to know the forum pm me as I will not disrespect Penguin by putting it out in the open. Plus I don't want many of the same group on here to poison the other one. Some of the 'kids' got on their own site so that has actually helped Penguin already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:51 pm 
born to perform.

JaredGill wrote:
I see where you're coming from sluggo. But if you notice there are some knowledgeable people around here that offer great advice and well-written posts.

TheCaffeinator, chrisrkline, paddy, sirbrad, symbolmike, DaveV, Fatal, samian, John Frawley, etc.
j

You are right, but they can also be found at other, more mature, sites.
-Tyler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:53 pm 
Penguin

skate and paddy have been great.

Please penguin make paddy a moderator. he has been doing all the things you want to see. He gives info. (good unlike some) (mine is sometimes bad...) but he has been kind telling the truth and has really helped alot of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:59 am 
Penguin

ScottRomansky wrote:
Just a few quick suggestions on how you act, I think you acted like a kid because a twenty year old dosn't act like that. I mean if you dont like the forums here then just leave, you dont need to tell us the whole story. Why should it matter if there are young kids here, it is all the better. The older people here and the more knowledgeable they are can help them out wih what ever they are having trouble with. I have been with penguin magic for 2 years and it is the best run so far. The help is great and tricks are amazing and they try and get the most popular tricks up so that people that want to perform that trick can do it successfully by the penguin only forums.

If you are having trouble you can contact penguin at a whole selection of e-mails and telephone numbers and they are more than happy to help you out with what you need.

Scott Romansky

I think that is mainly the problem that sluggo is talking about. You are concerned about all these different tricks. Professional performers concern themselves more with scripts, patter, music, audience involvement, and the journey instead of just the trick. It's true, very few in these penguin forums actually give advice. Most look at what the first person said, and repeat it so their post count will go up! i don't blame sluggo from leaving a place like that! And as for his goodbye: he was the best resource on kid's shows in this forum. I think its actually kind of him to let us know he was leaving, so that those of us who have been learning will know. Cheers to Sluggo is all I've got to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:45 am 
born to perform.

When I first joined, I was clueless. I had no idea how to put a show together. But thanks to the priceless info. we have recieved from guys like Sluggo and Patty, I have now done three shows, and my first paid show is on Sun. Thanks guys.

And now lets all give them a big hand!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:30 pm 
Emperor Penguin

drhobo wrote:
skate and paddy have been great.

Please penguin make paddy a moderator. he has been doing all the things you want to see. He gives info. (good unlike some) (mine is sometimes bad...) but he has been kind telling the truth and has really helped alot of us.

Paddy would not waste his time moderating here, nor does he have it to waste here even if he wanted to. Who in their right mind would?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:10 pm 
born to perform.

Penguin needs too much work for us to worry about. Maybe some kids who only show tricks to their friends have time.
-Tyler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:24 pm 

cheers

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]