View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: i`m a noob and i need help
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:53 pm 
Penguin

hello. i`m quiet new to magic, but i really wanna do it professionally. i`m not shure how to start. i think children shows are best. i have 50 euros to spend. can someone tell me what to get? P.S. i have 2 leopard gecko`s as pets, and i`d love to include them in my show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:02 pm 
born to perform.

Try some nice, interactive tricks that are sort of over the top. MAke the tricks as big as possible.

Post subject: Re: i`m a noob and i need help
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:57 pm 
Penguin

trix2 wrote:
hello. i`m quiet new to magic, but i really wanna do it professionally.

Are you freakin serious??!! Who say's that? Magic isn't something you can just pick up and be a professional. If you're getting in to magic (as in just starting) with money as a motivation you'll never be a performer worth paying for. Now if you didn't mean to come off like that there's a billion different things you can start out with. Some things I still use and that caught my attention from the beginning are the vanishing silk and professor's nightmare, and a good book that you'll use from day one until forever would be Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:45 pm 
born to perform.

ppmagic actually his question along with his intentions were quite reasonable. He never stated that he was in it for money just that he would like to do it professionally. Asking for advice is no reason to jump on anyone.

Trix, you will need to look for visual magic that caters to children mainly but there are some out there that are for all ages. I don't know what 50 euro's is converted but if your truly interested in kids magic I would invest in a book or two for children performances. Also if you wanted to get your gecko's involved you could always use it as a closer by producing them out of no where. Perhaps with the Square Circle Deception.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:46 am 

Put a lot of time into practicing. If you haven't been performing for a while, kid shows and restaurant work are not the way to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:13 pm 
Penguin

U already posted this in another topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:14 pm 
Penguin

Sorry Adam but professionally does mean participating for gain or livelihood, which equates, to money. So by trix saying "hello. I’m quiet new to magic, but I really wanna do it professionally." is a pretty ambitious statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:52 pm 
Penguin

ppmagic, what are you talking about? Dose any one want to look "unprofessional" when performing magic? If you started out looking like your new, no one would want to watch you. People like to see something quality, even if they aren’t going to pay that person. Makes the whole magic experience that much better if you look good.
pro•fes•sion•al - (pr -f sh -n l)
adj.
a. Of, relating to, engaged in, or suitable for a profession: lawyers, doctors, and other professional people.
b. Conforming to the standards of a profession: professional behavior.
He was referring to the second definition, incase you couldn’t tell.

Trix, just practice. It helps you get the moves down solid and you can focus on the performance, making it more enjoyable for everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:06 pm 
born to perform.

Your wasting your time with him bobee. Some people enjoy disrespecting others to help boost their own ego.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:34 pm 

Ppmagic has read too many of Paddy's posts, only he didn't seem to understand them. If the person wants to learn, let them learn. He never said he wanted to do it professionally tomorrow. He just said he wants too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:08 pm 
born to perform.

Exodus... shnifff... that was beautiful... beautiful i tell ya....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:09 am 
Team Penguin

You gotta start somewhere!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:27 am 

I would suggest some D'Lites and Mouthcoils as to those 2 things are always a hit with children. Always.

Post subject: Re: i`m a noob and i need help
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:11 pm 
Penguin

Talk about voltures I do believe I covered all my bases and did not just bit his head off. I did say...
ppmagic wrote:
trix2 wrote:
hello. i`m quiet new to magic, but i really wanna do it professionally.

Now if you didn't mean to come off like that there's a billion different things you can start out with. Some things I still use and that caught my attention from the beginning are the vanishing silk and professor's nightmare, and a good book that you'll use from day one until forever would be Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:21 pm 
Penguin

And bobee you have no point, because most hobbiest (people that don't do magic full time / make a living from doing magic) that perform magic could care less how they look as long as no finds out the secret. AND when it comes to magic what's professional and works for one person might not work for someone else.

Phillip P.