View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:30 pm 
Team Penguin

It is better to be different anyways...

that is one of the things that I fear for many magicians.

If you perform a patter that is not yours, or even a routine that is not yours, you are being like somebody else...and you will never go anywhere like that...you would just be following in somebody else's shaddow...

It is best to form your own routines, persona, and show style so that you will not be like every other magician out there. I stopped performing other peoples routines a long LONG time ago and I have come much MUCH farther since because I am different that all the other performers.

Do what YOU think is professional and if it isn't, then you will find out! Then it can be changed to your standards! It never hurts to try just once!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:32 pm 
born to perform.

Card College two talks all about this. I'd pick up card college 1 and 2 right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:34 pm 
Team Penguin

I have never read card college 1 or 2...this is just something that I came to face and learned myslef many years ago.

Post subject: Re: i`m a noob and i need help
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:35 am 
Penguin

trix2 wrote:
hello. i`m quiet new to magic, but i really wanna do it professionally. i`m not shure how to start. i think children shows are best. i have 50 euros to spend. can someone tell me what to get? P.S. i have 2 leopard gecko`s as pets, and i`d love to include them in my show.

ppmagic...I think he means in the future...not like in a week
eneyway.. try the coloring book of magic. its simple and something kids
might like. as for the geckos. you can try the mandarin mirror box. you can produce and vanish your geckos :D that would most likely be a great hit for the kids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:58 am 
Penguin

You know what I honestly think the joke is on us or trix2 got intimidated by the responses, because he hasn't said a thing since starting this post. Just a thought.

Phillip P.

p.s. Considering my new favorite quote I shouldn't of been so hard on him anyways.

"Fake it till, you make it!!!" (but people in trix's situation, don't charge!!!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:44 pm 
born to perform.

My Uncle was a Noob and needed medical help. So I recomened you see a doctor right away incase it gets worse.

Feel better soon.

Post subject: '
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:23 pm 
born to perform.

Trix2,
First off get some books and DVD's pertaining to this. Go to David Ginn and Steve Taylor's sites. They have a lot of info you can get to start you out in kid shows.
Once you do some shows and get an idea what you are doing you can take it from there. Asking on this site will get you different responses as you have noticed. Most on here aren't sure what to do themselves, so learn from the people that have made a living doing kids shows for years, you can't go wrong taking this route.