View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:33 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 04 Jul 2004
Posts: 701
Heh. Paddy's profession IS magic, and he is far older than you (no offence paddy, but this kyle guy is still in school).

I'm still going with "Latimier's Cups and Balls Routine is the best I've even seen".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:52 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Team Penguin

Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 1854
Location: Georgia
Paddy's Profession may be magic, but there is no way that he is professional in every aspect of it. There are certain fields that you can professionalize in. Some people professionalize in several but there is no way you can do it in all!

Mine happens to be kidshows. Just because paddy is older, does not make him any better than me, or me any worse than he is. It is overall EXPERIENCE in a field that matters.

I have no idea why you even brought school up because that means nothing. Just because somebody is in school, does not make them unprofessional.

You provide no arguement whatsoever!


Last edited by KyletheGreat on Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:53 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 04 Jul 2004
Posts: 701
KyletheGreat wrote:
Paddy's Profession may be magic, but there is no way that he is professional in every aspect of it. There are certain fields that you can professionalize in. Some people professionalize in several but there is no way you can do it in all!

Mine happens to be kidshows. Just because paddy is older, does not make him any better than me, or me any worse than he is. It is overall EXPERIENCE in a field that matters.

I have no idea why you even brought school up because that means nothing. Just because somebody is in school, does not make them professional.

You provide no arguement whatsoever!


No no no... I am saying that YOU are still in school. He is older, and has a LOT more experience than you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:59 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Team Penguin

Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 1854
Location: Georgia
I am aware that you said I am still in school (hince the reason my original post was edited). ANd as far as I know, you have no idea how much experience either of us have. Some gain experience quicker than others. It is unknown to you.

Just because he is older does not make everything he says about magic correct!

And just because he is older and more experienced in certain areas of magic does not make him more experienced at kidshows!


Last edited by KyletheGreat on Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:00 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 04 Jul 2004
Posts: 701
Heh. I know paddy has done more shows than you, and by experience, I mean every show done means more experience.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:03 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Team Penguin

Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 1854
Location: Georgia
More shows...or KIDSHOWS???

THere is a BIG Difference.

You seemed to be just as close-minded as paddy is. I guess I can see how much you two have in common considering you unbackable statements though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:04 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 02 Nov 2004
Posts: 987
Location: Ireland
ccsyaoran wrote:
Heh. Paddy's profession IS magic, and he is far older than you (no offence paddy, but this kyle guy is still in school).

I'm still going with "Latimier's Cups and Balls Routine is the best I've even seen".


I have nothing against you, Paddy or Kyle, but where is this going?

School? What do you mean by that, so what if he is in school. You could be a world professional and still in school, so what is your point there? I have seen many full time professional magicians and I am not been big headed here, but I consider myself as good if not better then them at certain things. But that doesn't matter it all boils down to experience.

And once again age does not matter. Why are you getting involved in this argument? I am sure Paddy can talk for himself, why are you trying to suck up?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:11 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 02 Nov 2004
Posts: 987
Location: Ireland
ccsyaoran wrote:
Heh. I know paddy has done more shows than you, and by experience, I mean every show done means more experience.


I am not on anyone's side here but I do agree with Kyle, but how do you know who has done more shows, is it because there age? LOL,so immature. I am not going to waste anymore time in this argument as I come here to discuss magic!

The first point made was any trick can be good if performed right and now look where you’re bringing it! LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Show What do you think
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:39 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 29 Jan 2003
Posts: 958
Location: Hapiendyn, VT
In all the pointless bickering, I think we are all missing the real concern here...

DaveRobbins wrote:
-mirror box to get my first trick which is cup and balls


OK, so his first trick is Cups and Balls. OK, sounds good. I love a good Cups and Balls performance. Then he asks...

DaveRobbins wrote:
anyone know of any good cup and balls books


What?! Your first trick in your already booked Library Show is Cups and Balls, and you are just now looking for resources for a good routine? Does this mean that you are brand new to the C&B effect, but you are starting off your upcoming show with them anyway? To perform it well, the C&B require a LOT of practice. Maybe I am misinterpreting your post, and you are simply looking for additional resources, to vary your existing routine.

I hope, for the sake of Magic, that it is the latter case.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: pangea
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:02 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 401
pangea

ok I shouldnt have put that sorry I am not sure about cup and balls I only know how to pass the balls through the cup but I am sorry i put that I am still working on my routine


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: pangea
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:14 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 02 Nov 2004
Posts: 987
Location: Ireland
DaveRobbins wrote:
pangea

ok I shouldnt have put that sorry I am not sure about cup and balls I only know how to pass the balls through the cup but I am sorry i put that I am still working on my routine


Look Dave, you have a great routine for someone who has no experience in the field. But I advise you to get a good book, one of David Ginn's preferably. I was in the same boat as you not so long ago, but wait till you do a little research and get one of David's books. Trust me you will not have anymore questions! Don't mined buying any other prop, buy one of David's books and then decide wither you need anything or not! I did and now my routine and understanding of kids shows is far better. Heck I am even making my own comedy routines, something I never dreamed of!

Mike ~


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: '
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:49 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 04 Aug 2003
Posts: 2171
Location: Loveland,Ohio (Cincy)
Kyle,
You really do have the right outlook on doing kid shows. You do have to enjoy doing it for them. If you are doing it for the money it will show. You seem to be very mature for someone your age.
You are right about MichaelRice, he seems to be trying to absorb as much as he can. He has put in time and money to get as much info as he can.
If only others on here would take that approach. They have to realize that what you put into it is what you will get out of it. Put in alittle get alittle. I know that many of them are on a tight budget, that's fine just take your time. Take in as many books DVD's tapes and whatever else you can get your hands on. Work a part time job to finance your stuff and when you have everything you need start building your show.
Write the entire show out and go thru it and make changes. You don't have to follow the script word for word but it gives you a base to work with and to know where to make the changes.
It's a long drawn out process but once you have done it and succeeded it gets easier. MichaelRice is finding that out now, It has been fun watching his progress. You can tell his confidence has grown thru hard work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:36 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Posts: 532
Wheeee! One of Paddy's most hilarious non-backable statements EVER!!! AHAHAHAHAH!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:53 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Team Penguin

Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 1854
Location: Georgia
sluggo wrote:
Kyle,
You really do have the right outlook on doing kid shows. You do have to enjoy doing it for them. If you are doing it for the money it will show. You seem to be very mature for someone your age.
You are right about MichaelRice, he seems to be trying to absorb as much as he can. He has put in time and money to get as much info as he can.
If only others on here would take that approach. They have to realize that what you put into it is what you will get out of it. Put in alittle get alittle. I know that many of them are on a tight budget, that's fine just take your time. Take in as many books DVD's tapes and whatever else you can get your hands on. Work a part time job to finance your stuff and when you have everything you need start building your show.
Write the entire show out and go thru it and make changes. You don't have to follow the script word for word but it gives you a base to work with and to know where to make the changes.
It's a long drawn out process but once you have done it and succeeded it gets easier. MichaelRice is finding that out now, It has been fun watching his progress. You can tell his confidence has grown thru hard work.


Thank you for your compliments and kind words. I really apreciate them! I have also enjoyed watching and advizing michael's progress. He WILL do well. THat is something I am sure of. He reminds me a lot of myelf when I started out. Maybe he will remember me when he is big. He can drop in and visit after a lecture or something!

Actually, that is something that I have had a passion for as well. Later on, I would really love to give lectures on kidshows if I make it that far! I am currently composing a book that contains many of my thoughts, tips and routines for kidshows. Maybe it will be good. The coloring book routine that took me about 3 years to perfect seems to really be well liked by other magicians. Two people told me that it was better than Silly Billy's! I have no Idea about that because I have never read his book, but I take that as a really good compliment!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.