View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The B2 Bomber in a kids show!?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:10 am 
Penguin

Hi, Iam making shows for kids arounde 6 years old. I use a B2 bomber in one rutine: with the pen I write a pirate with a treusremap and mark the map with an X, then I tell a story about you need a hole to put the treuser in and I smash the pen in the X so it looks like it´s thrue the paper..
And then I make the paper howl again..
But does not get so big reactions, only some wow :wink:
Does some one know any better one?
Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:06 am 
Penguin

There's not enough participation in it. It's tough to use a pen through paper effect on kids and make it big. If you can find a way to get them all involved and cheering for the pen then go for it, otherwise I'd take the pen out of my kid's shows. Think about it, kids are always ripping things up anyway so the fact that you ripped a piece of paper isn't as important to them and so the fact that it's now without a hole won't be as important either. I think that there's a small possibility of the trick working better if you can find a way to make the map important to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:50 pm 
born to perform.

One of the main reasons the B2 Bomber is so powerful is because it uses money, and money is important in most of our lives. Children don't show much intrest in money, because they don't really know what it is. If you can find some kind of paper that is important to kids then it could work, but you don't want to upset them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:29 pm 
born to perform.

DWmagic wrote:
One of the main reasons the B2 Bomber is so powerful is because it uses money, and money is important in most of our lives. Children don't show much intrest in money, because they don't really know what it is. If you can find some kind of paper that is important to kids then it could work, but you don't want to upset them.

My first thought other than money that could be valuable to a child would be a photo. If you had a special photo there, maybe if you took a poloroid of you and the birthday child together, then jabbed the pen though it. That could have a big effect. It would be kind of difficult because you don't want to wrinkle the pic or anything. Good luck.

Post subject: Maybe Pokemoncard?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:14 am 
Penguin

Thanks for the replays... maybe I shoude try to use a Pokemoncard, every kid know what that is :lol:
Thinking to do the Hummingbird with a Pokemoncard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:30 am 
Team Penguin

well, the routine looks good (for older kids maybe) but I think the problem with the younger kids is the understanding. They probably do not understand that type of magic. I have done pen through dollar effects for kids but they never got it so I stopped. I do no think that this particular effect is good for children.