View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Do you like The Peanut Butter and Jelly Illusion
yes 61%  61%  [ 14 ]
no 39%  39%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 23
 Post subject: kid shows
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:44 pm 
Penguin

if you were trapped on an island to do kid shows for the rest of your life what tricks would you bring for 1oo$ or less

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:23 am 
born to perform.

Wow you have some imagination :lol: What are you asking? Do you just want to know what tricks we would put into a show with a budget of $100?

Post subject: ok
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:34 am 
Penguin

-joker tube (must have)
-Hippity hop rabits(mini's for low budget)
-vanishing hank
-build a mirror box dont buy one
-some form of rope trick dont ask me good ones because i dont know any besides cut and restore
-linking rings
-d lights
-dove pan or bags
-i like multipling sponge bunnys or sponge balls

thats not a 100 dollar budget might be a little more but those are some tricks that I have always liked good luck :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:23 pm 
Penguin

I guess I'd have a hard time coming up with an entire show for $100. The kidshow that I presently perform must have cost over $600 just for the props, and it's a show that packs small. The manuscripts, books and videos that taught me much of the effects would cost a few hundred more, at least. It took me decades to put this show together.

To keep the costs down, you'd need to do a lot of research and make many of your own props. Then, you'd have to test the material to see which effects work for you and which don't.

The classics are classic for a reason - that's why I perform a number of them. But, the props are rather costly for someone who doesn't do many paid shows. I don't worry about it, I just budget a percentage of my magic income for props.

Post subject: '
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:42 pm 
born to perform.

Alan,
I agree, I have hundreds invested in just props. Like you said the books and videos another couple hundred more.
Throw in several out of town conventions for classes, competitions and dealer shopping, with the costs of airline tickets, hotels and convention costs you can tack on about a thousand more.
To do a show for $100.00 I don't think I could do it and get the same results that I do now.
If you put just alittle in you can expect the same in return. I have a room just to store everything I have gathered to have 'several' shows.
You have to start somewhere but if you think you are going to get away doing a show for a hundred bucks, don't expect to get many return calls.
Keep re-investing and build your show, don't go out with a skeleton show and try to put on a lot of shows with just that.
Once your reputation is tainted it usually doesn't get any better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:21 am 
Team Penguin

It does not matter how much you spend on a kidshow, it will not be a success if you did not have personality...

Post subject: i agree
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:22 pm 
Penguin

I agree with kyle here It dosnt matter how much money you throw down if its not in you personality to do a kid show. They take time and a lot of practise with not just your routine but how to present your self to the kids.
I work as a swim instructor so thats how I got use to children.

good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:26 pm 
Penguin

Mouth Coils - Standard Size (Multi-Colored)
Acrobatic Silks
Vanishing Crayons
Magic Coloring Book (Large)
Equal Unequal Ropes
9" Silk (Red)

off the top of my head, thats just a little under fity ill find some other fifty dollar effect for my grande finale
i would use the magic colering book vanishing crayons and mouth coils together, i would show the book colorless and vanish the crayons, then i would show the book with color and then again without, act suprised and turn around and pretend to look around for the colors but really instert the colors i would the turn to face the kids and pull out the 25 feet of multicolered ribbon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:19 am 
Penguin

Throw Rocky Raccoon in there somewhere. Just be careful where you throw him.

You can poke an eye out with that thing.