View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:44 am 

SwordSlinger wrote:
Yeah, big deal so I'm fifteen:shock: I wasn't born yesterday pal.

But anyway... I'm dont feel that I'm too young to do kid shows. I have no experience in this field but isn't that how everyone starts out???
I simply was looking for advice on how I should go about starting to perform at kid shows.

I bolded the word myself not swordslinger. To get right to the point, Sword, I understand the YOU don't feel you're too young. However, that is not important. What is important is; do the parents that hire the entertainers think you are too young? Just reading what you have written is such a defensive manner, I have to agree with magicdude84, you are too young to be anything other than a gimmick user.

The next, "I have no experience in this field" adds another reason to dump you like a hot rock. Practice, Practice, Practice the Rehearse, Rehearse, Rehearse. Then when you have a show that you are happy with, and you can present yourself as a young magician (you now present yourself as a kid, no older than the birthday children you want to entertain) that can get the respect of the audience, you can try to market yourself.

Paddy

Post subject: '
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:29 am 
born to perform.

Paddy,
It's 6:44 AM get some sleep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:20 pm 
Penguin

I understand what you mean when you relate my age with the acceptance of other kids parents, But, I know of several people who have seen my magic and are pretty impressed by it. My sister is five and her first grade teacher want's me to do a magic show for her class. I never once said that I was doing it for money. As to you assuming that I am young, naive, and just in magic to make money is expected i guess since people like to assume things. Anyway, no hard feelings man, but I'm not some little kid trying to "Destroy the art of magic" or whatever you like to think.

Post subject: Re: '
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:51 pm 

sluggo wrote:
Paddy,
It's 6:44 AM get some sleep.

You too Sluggo, Hey I have been up since 5 AM was working on my show and took a break.

Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:49 pm 
Penguin

paddy wrote:
SwordSlinger wrote:
Yeah, big deal so I'm fifteen:shock: I wasn't born yesterday pal.

But anyway... I'm dont feel that I'm too young to do kid shows. I have no experience in this field but isn't that how everyone starts out???
I simply was looking for advice on how I should go about starting to perform at kid shows.

I bolded the word myself not swordslinger. To get right to the point, Sword, I understand the YOU don't feel you're too young. However, that is not important. What is important is; do the parents that hire the entertainers think you are too young? Just reading what you have written is such a defensive manner, I have to agree with magicdude84, you are too young to be anything other than a gimmick user.

The next, "I have no experience in this field" adds another reason to dump you like a hot rock. Practice, Practice, Practice the Rehearse, Rehearse, Rehearse. Then when you have a show that you are happy with, and you can present yourself as a young magician (you now present yourself as a kid, no older than the birthday children you want to entertain) that can get the respect of the audience, you can try to market yourself.

Paddy

Let me first say I am 15. Saying that I am not an adult, and yes it is much harder to get booked at my age because I am not an adult. But I still have been doing my fair bit of shows for the past coule years professionally. I also know that Kyle is 17 and works a ton. However Paddy is right in saying practice. However, sword did not say he wants to jump into working birthdays for children. He is simply asking what tabble routines he can do for kids, so I say Sponge Balls.

Post subject: Re: Need help choosing tricks...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:09 pm 
Team Penguin

SwordSlinger wrote:
I am fifteen, and I would really like to do kids shows. All my experience is in close up magic however. what are some good table kid show tricks?

I would say...since you are looking for table tricks for kids...use sponge balls and magic that happens in your or the kids hands. Most kids don't care for close-up card magic...You can use my sleight of hand idea if you like (use rubber roaches instead of coins and stuff) I like to pull a roach out of kids hair and go into a slieght of hand routine with it...then make it multiply and then do a cups and roaches routine. It works great and goes over really well with kids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:41 pm 
Penguin

Thanks for all the advice. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:27 am 
born to perform.

KyletheGreat wrote:
Oz has the suckiest driest routine for the pb&j illusion that I have EVER seen...and I have seen MANY. I do not think that Oz does or even likes kidshow...just from what I have seen.

your so right. it's funny seeing him trying tho.