View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: PLZ HELP ME
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:59 pm 
Penguin

OK well my first kids show is coming up REAL soon well not to soon like 2 in a half months but any way i dont have a routine and i was woundering if you guys/girls can help me. I have Gerry Griffons Complete Card Magic is there any good in that? I also have his Lucky 7s dvd I found some tricks that MIGHT be good. I also have BTP card magic and U.F.O hover card o'ya and Queens out of control. Those are my dvds my tricks are Chop Cup,Cheeck to Cheech (if any one u know what that is) and hmmmm a TT I think.
well any way is any of that good? What are some good tricks (that are kinnda cheap) that I should get help would be great I'm like freaking out, I need more time. lol to bad they cant like move her b-day over like another month :D

GO GERRY GRIFFON HE IS SO COOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:37 pm 
Penguin

Don't do it, you are not ready, please don't do the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:57 pm 
Penguin

well if I knew what tricks I should get I can do it im just not ready for it YET if I get some tracks i can do it i already have a idea of a routine

o ya she is my room mate so I know what she likes and stuff this show is more practice I guess you can say

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:58 pm 
Penguin

O ya she is turning 8 so how hard can itg be to entertain a 8 year... lol you can fart and you would make her day :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:54 am 
Penguin

Well if you look at past topics there are plenty of posts of people who ask what tricks to use...or if what they choose is good.....so that should help you get ideas for what tricks to use... and why is your roommate 8 years old??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:56 am 

EvanZ wrote:
O ya she is turning 8 so how hard can itg be to entertain a 8 year... lol you can fart and you would make her day :lol:

Hey, well then you've got your routine right there! Not only do you not have the tricks necessary for a decent show, you don't have the experience needed to to effectively entertain an audience. Eight year old kids are one of the most demanding audiences you will ever run into.

But hey, you have a TT and a deck of cards, so you must be a Professional. :roll:

Kent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:55 pm 
Team Penguin

EvanZ wrote:

It will be a lot harder than you think since you are pretty much unprepared....you lost many posters respect immediately in the first few sentences of your first post at the top...

Don't book shows unless you have a routine! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:44 pm 
Penguin

Practice Practice Practice, and then Practice!

To get started in shows, you have to have a set in mind of what you want to do. Too many people unfortunately go out there without a concept of what the show is going to be. I know, I did that a long time ago! I learned a valuable lesson from it. You should sit down first, and write out a plan of what you want to accomplish with the show.

Start small, work on effects, and build a show like you would build a house. "foundation". If you feel you are not prepared to do a show, then its probably best not to do it. Not saying that you can't prepare a show in 2 months, but you are going to have to bear down and put some thought into it, and then PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, and then PRACTICE some more.
*smile*

You CAN do it, and you will learn from performing. Sometimes the lessons are hard, but NEVER GIVE UP! - you can accomplish the show, just keep it small and simple at first. You will be surprised at what you will learn in the process.....Good Luck!

Post subject: '
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:16 pm 
born to perform.

The fact that you basically have a few card tricks and no routines to go with anything you won't be ready if they moved the party back two years. If you think that all you have to do is belch and fart and they will be entertained you are sadly mistaken.
These kids have been fed the fast action of TV so when you step in and try to throw together a show you will no doubt stink the place up.
Also, if you think that any experienced kid show performer is going to give you a show they've practiced on constantly just to save your butt..think again.
You don't have a show and no one in their right mind is going to give you one. For the millionth time.. don't accept a show when you don't have one.
Get a show together and then ask for some tips..it's pretty ballsy to come on here and ask one of us to give you a show. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:15 pm 
Penguin

There is still time for you to cancel and for them to book something else. Please cancel. For your sake, their sakes, and the arts sake. Wow that sounded dramatic, but really cancel.