View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: MAgic coloring book!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:36 pm 
Penguin

Whats your guy's patter for this cool trick?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:53 pm 
born to perform.

You should ask that in the PO forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:04 am 
born to perform.

I tie it in with the vanishing crayons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:39 pm 

People are not usually going to give up their patter. This is the most valuable part to any trick - the thing that makes it truly unique.

Kent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:24 pm 
Penguin

You should check out kyle the great's routine for the coloring book. It is the best I have seen. Well, I have not really seen him do it, but I got a copy of it in writing from him several weeks ago and loved it! You should check it out...it is really good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:17 pm 
Penguin

start off with something simple like, hey this is my coloring book, you wanna help me color it? and then have em throw the color from shirts on to the book. Then let this evolve into something that fits your character and show, maybe add things to it to make it a routine rather than a trick. Like the aforementioned vanishing crayons. Feel free to take inspiration from anything, but dont copy other peoples rountines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:53 pm 
Team Penguin

crqky...that is the basic routine for the coloring book that most magicians try to do...and the good ol vanishing crayone...that routine has become quite worn out and a bit cliche...Look beyond the moment of just seeing yourself, a kid and a coloring book. Try and incorporate as much magic into the routine as possible. My coloring book routine can be stretched to fit 6-8 minutes of enormous entertainment if done correctly (It is far from the "look I have a coloring book...lets try and color it" routine)...but my routine would not work for many others successfully...kind of depends on the way you act when you perform.

Form a simple adventure and make the child the star...try to accomplish something by getting over obstacles and throw out those good ol vanishing crayons. Too many magicians do the coloring book routine as you have described...and most children have seen the "coloring book trick" before. And they will tell you so. SO, you want to make your routine stick out and be MUCH different than every other magi in the kidshow market. Make it different and entertaining!

Sorry...I will get off my soapbox now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:06 pm 
Penguin

Sorry I didnt clarify before. This is NOT the routine I use and is NOT what I would suggest for someone else to use. My way of thinking towards developing rountines, and I seem to use this word a lot, is evolving. Most people didnt think of the routine they use today all at once. It evolves over time. I was merely suggesting a starting point that, like you said, a lot of people start from, and then evolve into something original and as you said different and entertaining.