View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Baloon magic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:25 pm 
Penguin

What do you guys do in your act when you give the balloon to the birthday child?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:41 pm 
born to perform.

After my last trick, I thank the birthday child, and the mom and dad for having me. I ask if everyone had a great time. Then I bring the birthday boy or girl up and I hand him the balloons. We all yell out happy birthday one last time and give him a big hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:12 pm 
born to perform.

I make the birthday child a balloon magic "crown"....a few things for some of the other kids,and I always make something for the Mom...either a teddy hbear with a flower...a basket of flowers,or something nice and sweet. That always impresses the mothers. You always want to market your shows to the moms...since they're the ones planning the parties and they'll talk with their friends about the party....Word of mouth will spread about you and how "charming" you were. Works tremendously well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:24 am 

JDKelley wrote:
...You always want to market your shows to the moms...since they're the ones planning the parties and they'll talk with their friends about the party....Word of mouth will spread about you and how "charming" you were. Works tremendously well.

That sounds stupid but it is NOT!!! That is one of the better pieces of advice given here. Over half of my parties are from the mothers that either were at the party and saw me, or were told about me from the clients.

Women TALK! They will tell the truth about your show to their friends. If they like you, you have a career started right now, if they don't like you, no matter how good your magic is, they will crucify you to their friends.

Be charming, be nice to the kiddies and to the moms, charge what the market will bear (don't undercut price) and you will be successful.

Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:04 am 
born to perform.

Exactly, Paddy...Hit the nail right on the head there. I have found that to be absolutely true. Women can be crucial to your career.