View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Good Finale?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:43 pm 
born to perform.

Ok what i do is my friend takes out a fan and fans my hand that is when I do a trick called snowstorm which is a bunch of snow that magically comes out of my hand. Then my friend has some coils that you throw with your hand that shoot out pretty far, and finally i use a flint flasher that makes a big thing of fire that appears out of my hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:54 pm 
Penguin

No, your overdoing it with pointless stuff. Why fire? I know someone who ends with snow storm and then when it's done trips the snow canon. See, that is logical.

Post subject: Re: Good Finale?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:48 pm 
born to perform.

awlsr wrote:
Ok what I do is my friend takes out a fan and fans my hand that is when I do a trick called snowstorm which is a bunch of snow that magically comes out of my hand. Then my friend has some coils that you throw with your hand that shoot out pretty far, and finally I use a flint flasher that makes a big thing of fire that appears out of my hand.

I hope you wouldn't be doing that in anyone's house, they wouldn't really like to have to clean up the snow! You would need to get permission first.

Mike

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:24 pm 
born to perform.

Michaelrice wrote:
awlsr wrote:
Ok what I do is my friend takes out a fan and fans my hand that is when I do a trick called snowstorm which is a bunch of snow that magically comes out of my hand. Then my friend has some coils that you throw with your hand that shoot out pretty far, and finally I use a flint flasher that makes a big thing of fire that appears out of my hand.

I hope you wouldn't be doing that in anyone's house, they wouldn't really like to have to clean up the snow! You would need to get permission first.

Mike

Yeah i was thinking about that. Me and my friend have another finale with Dlites which is not messy. So i can ask if they mind the mess. I also thought of bringing something like a vacuum that is non electrical.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:43 pm 
Penguin

awlsr wrote:
I also thought of bringing something like a vacuum that is non electrical.

A non-electric vacuum? Good luck with that, you might have better luck with a cordless one though.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:15 pm 
born to perform.

orpheus wrote:
awlsr wrote:
I also thought of bringing something like a vacuum that is non electrical.

A non-electric vacuum? Good luck with that, you might have better luck with a cordless one though.

Well it is not really a vacuum. I can't explain it that well. I have it, it is pretty much a pole with a box at the end that picks up stuff when you go over it.

Post subject: '
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:45 pm 
born to perform.

Try to steer clear of things that makes a mess in someone's house. Plus, why make more things for you to do (clean up).
As far as fire especially if it's a kid show and in someone's house I'd second guess that too. I take it that you have insurance?
There are many other ways to put on a show without those effects. This is if you are talking about doing shows in someone's home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:15 am 
born to perform.

It gets very much to clean up if you do Snowstorm in China as a finale.

Who is going to clean up if you do Snowstorm in China if you are at a birthday party? You or them?

Don't do anything that has to be cleaned up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:48 pm 
Penguin

Visual is good, flashy and pointless is not. There is a fine line, and you want to steer towards more entertaining and funny. And stop looking around for stuff that you can use, it should be the other way around. No mess and no fire. Thats stage stuff, not for kids shows. I suggest you pick up a good book and learn more about kids shows. Not all magic is created equally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:30 pm 
born to perform.

yeah wrong order though.... do fire first ......then do the torrn up paper wet it then throw out your streamers then finish with your snowstorm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:20 am 
born to perform.

I cant imagine what kind of patter will tie all of those random things together.

Fire inside a house is a terrible and extremely dangerous idea.

Snow inside a house is a terrible and messy idea.

Throwing things inside a house is a terrible idea bound to break something or conk someone in the head.

This finale sounds like a bunch of bad ideas strung together without a point. This makes me think you havent really done much reading on the topic. You dont need fire or snow and the only type of coils you should be using are mouth coils. Even if the show weren't indoors this doesnt sound even remotely entertaining.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:34 pm 
born to perform.

Duuuh easy patter say we are gonna start a snowstorm......then do the fire thing and say that cant help....Then do the torn paper in the water and say the clouds are comeing and throw the streamer then do the snowstorm to finish. clean u get some dough for doin something you love.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:49 pm 
born to perform.

The best ending/ Finale for a show is to have something original.. something that you made up that is big and hard hitting to an audience member .