View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My routine, need help and thoughts
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:42 pm 
Penguin

Im going to start off by giving the birthday kid a present which will be used later in the routine....

I will then lay down the basic rules i want them to follow, such as quiet kids are picked, and if they are good, there good behavior might make candy in an empty box.

I will then proceed to a simple trick where one side has 6 diamonds, then the other has three diamonds, then somehow the side with 6 has 4, then the side with 3 has 1. I will put in some patter like how the audience needs glasses.

I will then go into a sponge ball routine by showing three spongeballs, and naming them so they can keep track, im thinking of harry, mary.....then bob, but i could let the kids decide, i will start with the basic from one hand to the other, then i will have a kid choose theyre favirote sponge, and it goes in their hand, and some how the one in my hand goes into theres.

Then i will do the routine on penguinmagic but i will use the names, and how they always stay together as three.

Then i will do a card production where there card is under the hankercheif, in a funny way.

I will then use the hankercheif to produce a smaller hankercheif then making salt dissapear in the hanky, and then finally making the first hanky dissapear out of nothing.

I will then go into the three equal ropes "professers nightmare"?

Then cut and restored rope

and a rope is pushed through the ring, and put into the kid's hands, with the only way to take it out is to pull out the string, then i will have two kids pull on the ends of the string at the same time, and the rope is melted through the ring

I will proceed to "multiplying sponge balls", the one on penguin magic

I will then proceed to using a magic box where the rabit changes color then dissapears in the end

Then im going to have a helper draw a bird, and name it phoenix, i will tell them about the majestic bird, then burn the drawing, take the ashes in my hand, and a beutiful picture of a bird is produced

I will then do scotch and soda where the copper centavo and half dollar go into their hands, the centavo dissapears, and i have the birthday kid open up their gift, and inside is the coin.

I will then end by producing candy and giving it to everyone.

note: magic dust will be spinkled and used throught most of my performance

thanks for anyone who took the time to read this long thing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:22 pm 
Penguin

oh, and the routine like this with all talk and stuff in front of a mirror is about 20-30 min, i have some ways to trasition between each trick, but suggestions would be nice

thanks again,
Pat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:04 pm 
Penguin

hey it sounds great and i hope you have fun and do a great job when preform this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:47 pm 
born to perform.

how close is the audience going to be?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:21 pm 
Penguin

uhh, however far i want to be i guess, for some of the tricks, i need them about couple feet in front of me, so im probably going to put a boundary so they dont sit to close, but most likely ill be able to control the audience's seating

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:44 pm 
born to perform.

Location: ~looney~ veggies are good when they dance mommy! i like dancing!!!! sjfgdfyfydxyhdfydgpenguinnnnnnnn
definitly go with multiplying sponge balls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:00 pm 
born to perform.

Looks good. When you lay down the rules, do not say you will only pick quiet kids. You want the kids to yell and laugh and be kids. Instead remind the kids to stay seated unless you call them up to help. A trick I learned in the book called The Birthday Party Buisness, is to tell the kids you bring up the ones who are smiling to help you. This lets them know they are allowed to laugh and have a good time, but if they focuse on smilling, they won't be goofing off and talking to their friends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:33 am 
Penguin

If you like the 6-3-4-1 card effect look into a trick called "What's Next" it starts off the same but has a few surprises at the end. It's also bigger and shinier than the usual cards.

"note: magic dust will be spinkled and used throught most of my performance"

Note: Mother of child will be grumbling about spinkling dust on her carpet throughout most of your performance.

George

Post subject: '
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:23 am 
born to perform.

Coendog gave good advice, NEVER tell kids they have to be quiet. You don't want that. Kids that keeps their seats, raise their hands, smiling and the ones having the most fun.
You should also put in a warm up in your show, if you don't you will have them warming up to you during your show instead of before .
Everything else looks good. Keep practicing, after your show go over it and make the needed changes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:06 pm 
born to perform.

Sounds like a very good routine. MAke sure the card trick is easy to understand for the kids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:59 pm 
Penguin

Is fire used in the phoenix one? Are you doing spongeballs twice? Will they be able to see the coins? Will the present in the beginning be a distraction? Profs nightmare and the diamond get great mileage. Watch out with giving candy.