View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: order!!??
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:34 pm 
born to perform.

Me and my friend have a good routine, but we always forget the order. Does anyone think it is ok when you are at a show just to throw them in any order as long as you have a good routine for each one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:43 pm 
Team Penguin

that all depends on how good you are at playing off situations, and improvising...if your routine ends up in the "and for my next trick", or "Now for this trick", you are probably headed in the right direction...that is the only downside to having a partner. I suggest that you and your friend get together and rehearse the show many times until both of you know exactly what is going on at any given time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:49 pm 
born to perform.

KyletheGreat wrote:
that all depends on how good you are at playing off situations, and improvising...if your routine ends up in the "and for my next trick", or "Now for this trick", you are probably headed in the right direction...that is the only downside to having a partner. I suggest that you and your friend get together and rehearse the show many times until both of you know exactly what is going on at any given time.

That is what we have been doing for practice. We get together and practice in front of a big mirror. What would you say is to long our show is between 30-45 min.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:01 pm 
Team Penguin

30-45 minutes is great timing. all of my shows are 45 minutes except certain ones that a local company books me for...they are only 35 minutes...but I also get paid a little less for them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:20 pm 
born to perform.

that is a good timing for your routine. I think that it is okay to transition from one trick to another like that but only for a few tricks. That is what I tend on doing. I have one routine that involves using half of my props. My show so far is ranging from 20-30 minutes. I plan on adding a whole lot more to it before i show anyone though. Once i master it i will then go into the business, which will hopefully be by January!

-John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:43 pm 
born to perform.

what i do in case of an emergency is i wrote down the order of tricks on the back of my box. THis way when i go to get a new prop i can instantly see the next one on the list.

Ben WInter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:58 pm 
Penguin

My order is crutial. It is layed out perfect to bring the audiene up and down in a wave like mannar. Without it, my show would not have as big of a punch, and would not be as controlled. I only do 4 routines in my 30 minute show though.