View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What sould i charge?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:19 pm 
Penguin

I was asked to do a christmas show for 250 or more children,my shows run for a little more then 45 min + balloon sculptures what would be a reosnable price for this?

Thanks in Advance

Konrad Misiewicz
(Mr Magic)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:36 pm 

That depends on a lot of things. How long have you been practicing? Have you done any shows before? What the going rate with other professionals in your area?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:37 pm 
Penguin

Iv been doing magic for some time almost 6 years, Im not new to doing magic for kids, i do birthday parties but never did a show for a business,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:31 pm 
born to perform.

Location: In a Freakin shoe!!! Why you wanna fight about it!?! Huh?!! Do You!?! Be hating people in shoes?!!!
:arrow: How long is the show going to be?
:arrow: What kind of tricks are you going to perform?
:arrow: How much would you like to charge?

Answer those questions and I'll tell you what's a good price.---thesun

Post subject: Re: What sould I charge?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:48 am 
born to perform.

mr__magic wrote:
I was asked to do a christmas show for 250 or more children,my shows run for a little more then 45 min + balloon sculptures what would be a reosnable price for this?

Thanks in Advance

Konrad Misiewicz
(Mr Magic)

Quote:

How long is the show going to be?
What kind of tricks are you going to perform?
How much would you like to charge?

Answer those questions and I'll tell you what's a good price.---thesun

He already answered one of your questions. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:09 pm 
born to perform.

mr__magic wrote:

Thanks in Advance

Konrad Misiewicz
(Mr Magic)

How can we tell you a price, when we have no idea where you are performing and what the going rate is in your area??

For a big corporate gig, I think you should at least triple your standard birthday party price.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:06 am 

mr__magic wrote:

Thanks in Advance

Konrad Misiewicz
(Mr Magic)

As has been mentioned, we have no idea of where you are located. I am going to answer in U.S. Dollars.

Your show is 45 minutes. For a corporate stage setting the fee should be between $1,000 to $5,000. Now as an added feature you are doing balloon sculpting, again I am going to assume you will not be doing dogs and swords but will actually know what you are doing. For 250 kids it just added another 3 hours of orking a line so add your standard corporate hourly rate for 3 hours. In my case I would just round up and add another $500.

Now if you live in BF Egypt or any small town in the U.S. or Canada you have just overpriced yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:11 am 
Penguin

I was just wondering how much you guys would charge if it was in your area?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:16 am 
born to perform.

For kids birthday parties I charge 200 swedish kronor (24 USD) and after every fifth show I raise with 50 swedish kronor (6 USD).

Now I've done five shows so now I'm going to charge 30 dollars. :-)
But if I make a local breakthrough I may charge 40$.

One of my friends told me that she met a magician at her sportsclub that wasn't famous in Sweden but more an international magician (I didn't get any name) and his monthly salary is as much as you would get a "normal" year salary.

Well that was pretty hard to explain so I guess no one understood what I wrote. ;-)

My dad hired Lennart Green (yes he did hire him and not me!! :evil:) for his corporate event and he charged 1 000$ +!!! I would take a charge of 950 dollars LESS. :twisted: In other words, 50$. :-P

He was only good at cards and he took some optical illusions that anyone could do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:40 pm 
born to perform.

I'd think of it like if every person paid one dollar to see (which would be a very cheap ticket price) so thats already 250$ you could charge around 300 if your making alot of baloon animals. thats my opinion :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:50 am 

A show for 250 children is going to require something more than your typical birthday show. Now you need to consider the visibility of the props, the sound system and the lighting (remember, if there are 250 kids, there will also be about 500 adults - they're either going to be watching your show or causing background noise. In either case, your potential audience is closer to 750 people).

Do you have a show that can cater to that many people? This is why a show of that size should fetch at least $1,000.00. And this is without considering the balloon animals.

If you are to do balloon animals as well, you better have a large selection of animals to choose from. The client doesn't want to see 200 basic dogs running around the room. Assuming you do intermediate or advanced ballooning, this means about 3 balloons per child. With breakage, you can expect to go through about 1000 balloons. That's 10 bags of qualitex at about $8/bag. In addition, it will take you about 3 to 4 hours (non-stop) to get these balloons made.

Do you have the ability to do balloons for that many kids? If so, I would charge about $600.00 for this portion of the entertainment.

Kent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:59 pm 
born to perform.

Location: In a Freakin shoe!!! Why you wanna fight about it!?! Huh?!! Do You!?! Be hating people in shoes?!!!
I'd charge about somewhere between $1,650-$2,000. You decide. I'd probably go with $1,850.---thesun :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:18 pm 
Penguin

Thanks for everyones help today i did the christmas party for the polish community today, their wheir 200 kids +, went through over 170+ balloons it, lasted for two and a half hours, i did balloons for kids before and after my show(35-40 min). Got many peaple asking me to do birthday parties even got asked to do table hopping for a catering company as a part time job. The organisers where very satisfied. Only bad thing what happen was when i was performing my bic pen through ruitine i notised i actually got my pens mixed up with a regulare and could not do the penetration, the way i got out of this is that i rememberd that i had my own five in my wallet so i actually made a whole in the bill then "acidently ripped it and then made it disapear and make it apear in my wallet. Well it will post some pics in a soon. Also would like to thank Kent for all you awsome advice! ( YOU ROCK) And everyones help.
Sincerely
Konrad Misiewicz Laughing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:10 am 
Penguin

Here are some pics from the gig!
Enjoy

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=12/33800020684.jpg&s=x11
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=12/33723595065.jpg&s=x11
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=12/33723555021.jpg&s=x11
Konrad Misiewicz
Mr_magic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:16 pm 
Penguin

paddy wrote:
mr__magic wrote:
Now as an added feature you are doing balloon sculpting, again I am going to assume you will not be doing dogs and swords but will actually know what you are doing. For 250 kids it just added another 3 hours of orking a line so add your standard corporate hourly rate for 3 hours. In my case I would just round up and add another $500.

LOL in the first picture he made a Dog, and a sword!0! LOL But yah. nice job on it looks like the kids had fun, and you did a good job.