View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Using Your Imagination
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:02 am 
born to perform.

Okay, as my first essay, I will try to make this as short and sweet as I can for those who don't like to read.
:arrow: 1. Whenever you receive a product you should examine it closely and test it out.
:arrow: 2. Use it to it's full potatiall and practis , practice, practice.
:arrow: 3. Okay, time to start with the essay: now you must customize it to make it your own and yours to keep.
You shouldn't just receive a trick and use it for what ONLY the description says it can do. Use your imagination! You must customize tricks so that it fits into your performance perfectly. You should customize it so that it is easier for you to perform with. You should customize it till you think it is the best it can be.
Let's take the Ravem for example. It can be used for more than vanishes and changes. It can do a TON more! You just have to use your IMAGINATION. Examine the gimmick/sleights and ask yourself: What else can I do with this? Let's go back to the Raven. (we all know that it's a magnet, no need for shouting: EXPOSURE, EXPOSURE) What can we do with a dispensible magnet? Of course we need to start off with things that are magnetic. Okay, you find a nail that is magnetic. Now what can I do with the nail? Of course, load it onto something. Wheter it be a card, a coin, a cigaret, dollar bill, etc. Now, all you have to do is practise it till it's perfect and you're ready! But now let's thing about cards, shall we? A DL, what can I do with a DL? I can switch cards, make faces dissapear, do a montee, make it reveal a prediction, etc.
You must use gimmicks/sleights to their MAXIMUM. No need to stay inside the box. Use the gimmick/sleight to its FULL potential. Examine what I can do, now customize it to be your own.
Now for the customization. As many magicians today tend to lean more to the DVD side of magic, let's start with that. You MUST handle the object how YOU feel is most comfortable and still able to perform efficiantly. You use Wilson's DL if it doesn't feel comfortable. Invent your own. A sit says in Double-Take, "Practice picking up one card as you would normally, then just add an extra card. All cards are is paper." So you must fit it so that it is comfortable for you.
:arrow: Now you must practice, practice, practice, till it looks perfect and a TRUE mirical when perfromed in front of a mirror or buddy.
:arrow: Now, go out and perform to bring entertainment to millions!
Hope this helped, though I doubt it! :lol:
-Kudda.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:09 pm 
born to perform.

Location: President of the davidcon fan club. (Always welcoming new members)
Wow, short and sweet! I love it! I also thought of this: Ask youself, "Let's see, what other categories of magic would this work with? There's cards, coins, mentalism, penetrations, levitations, etc." And try to find something with each one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:46 pm 
born to perform.

You give me inspiration Kudda. I agree with this perfectly. I always make variations and my the trick "my own." This is what magic is about - originality and pride in performing and getting the reactions from your performance.