View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:46 pm 
Penguin

oztheozzie wrote:
Quote:
I understand what you have to say. I'm just saying this may not be the place to say it...

I understand. I'll shut up now, but I just didn't agree with the person who wrote the essay, so I spoke up.

-Oztheozzie
You didn't disagree with the person who wrote the essay. He said that you should just leave it alone if you have negative opinions about Criss Angel or whatever. Oh well, we should both sut up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:29 pm 
born to perform.

Well, actually the guy said we should leave it alone because using camera tricks is acceptable, I disagreed by saying it wasn't. Oh well, i'm gonna shut up now

-Oztheozzie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:34 pm 
Penguin

oztheozzie wrote:
Well, actually the guy said we should leave it alone because using camera tricks is acceptable, I disagreed by saying it wasn't. Oh well, I'm gonna shut up now

-Oztheozzie
He didn't say it was okay. He said to keep it to yourself if you have something bad to say about it and you had something bad to say about it.

Post subject: Re: Criss Angel...Fake or Real?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:40 pm 
born to perform.

Quote:
If thats his way of performing then let him do it. Just remember that its all on TV. If he wants do a trick that isnt pure sleight of hand to make it look more realistic then let it be.

Thta implies that he thinks Angel doing this is ok, and we should let him do it.

-Oztheozzie

Post subject: Re: Criss Angel...Fake or Real?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:53 pm 
Penguin

oztheozzie wrote:
Quote:
If thats his way of performing then let him do it. Just remember that its all on TV. If he wants do a trick that isnt pure sleight of hand to make it look more realistic then let it be.

Thta implies that he thinks Angel doing this is ok, and we should let him do it.

-Oztheozzie
Not really. It implies that we should not be disrespectful to him by accusing him whether he does these things or not. He's not trying to say that camera tricks are okay, he's saying that we shouldn't point fingers at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:51 pm 
born to perform.

Well, he said that if he wants to make an effect more realistic, then let him be. That basically means he thinks it's ok, and that we should let him do it.

-Oztheozzie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:11 am 
Penguin

"ok ill shut up now" great example of how getting the last word can start a whole new battle.... i would like to end my post here, but i want to say i totally agree with ozzie... and not in a "lets have opinions" kind of way... but in a "dude your wrong and im right" kindof way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:13 am 
born to perform.

Hehe, hey if I get the last words, it'll seem like I won the arguement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:35 am 
Penguin

oztheozzie wrote:
Hehe, hey if I get the last words, it'll seem like I won the arguement.
:roll: There was no arguement. You lost from the very beginning. You were the one opposing and I just pointed it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:27 pm 
born to perform.

what are you talking about, I won.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:43 pm 
Penguin

Whatever :roll: It doesn't even matter b/c you'll still never learn anything. It wasn't an arguement because I wasn't disagreeing that Criss Angel uses camera tricks or stooges or not. I was telling you what querty was trying to say....just leave it alone (if it's wrong, let it be. It's not hurting anyone. Just b/c you're disappointed and hate Criss, you don't have to spread the bad attitude towards everyone else. Laypeople love it and that's all that matters).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:04 pm 
born to perform.

YummyPie wrote:
Whatever :roll: It doesn't even matter b/c you'll still never learn anything. It wasn't an arguement because I wasn't disagreeing that Criss Angel uses camera tricks or stooges or not. I was telling you what querty was trying to say....just leave it alone (if it's wrong, let it be. It's not hurting anyone. Just b/c you're disappointed and hate Criss, you don't have to spread the bad attitude towards everyone else. Laypeople love it and that's all that matters).

I think he's a bad influence on the younger magicians who may one day be on Tv and may follow in his footsteps and become stoogefreaks or cameratrickfreaks. Lay people love his show because they think he's doing real illusions, if they knew he's doing television magic, they'd call him a fraud.

-Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:10 pm 
Penguin

i bet... if this "argument" thats not really arguing were a civil war... ozzie would have a way bigger army... bc hes just right... and hes not demeaning the way the other guy is

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:38 pm 
Penguin

oztheozzie wrote:
YummyPie wrote:

I think he's a bad influence on the younger magicians who may one day be on Tv and may follow in his footsteps and become stoogefreaks or cameratrickfreaks. Lay people love his show because they think he's doing real illusions, if they knew he's doing television magic, they'd call him a fraud.

-Tony
If. That's a strong word. Okay, now you started an arguement. :wink: I'm not saying he does use "television magic" and I'm not saying it's okay if he does. Criss Angel has won numerous awards (you can't get awards for doing camera tricks) and is respected by some of the most respected names in magic. Younger magicians who hate him will never follow in his footsteps and like you said, they will be disappointed when they find out (so they won't follow him right? :roll: ). More than half of the laypeople who watch the show thought he was a fraud from the very beginning and the people who do believe it actually enjoy it (hurray for them). Are you saying we shouldn't believe in magic? You can easily notice that he uses stooges and camera editing but not in the way anyone thinks. When he levitated, nobody believed him so they thought he did camera tricks. Blaine levitated like 4 feet or something with just a balducci (how did he do that. Wow, amaaaaazing!). Let's view what a television is first. It was invented a long time ago so people could get news and communication and the rich families bought one set so they could have some entertainment. Criss is known for his television show, Mindfreak. What's a television show? A specific series of news, communication, or entertainment. It certainly isn't the first two so it must be entertainment. It isn't news or communication because it isn't all factual and it doesn't send a message. So you can believe it's magic or not (there's no such thing as "fake magic") but either way, it's entertainment. I don't mean to shove anything in your face but I'm just voicing what I think of the subject.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:47 pm 
born to perform.

YummyPie wrote:
oztheozzie wrote:
YummyPie wrote:

-Tony
If. That's a strong word. Okay, now you started an arguement. :wink: I'm not saying he does use "television magic" and I'm not saying it's okay if he does. Criss Angel has won numerous awards (you can't get awards for doing camera tricks) and is respected by some of the most respected names in magic. Younger magicians who hate him will never follow in his footsteps and like you said, they will be disappointed when they find out (so they won't follow him right? :roll: ). More than half of the laypeople who watch the show thought he was a fraud from the very beginning and the people who do believe it actually enjoy it (hurray for them). Are you saying we shouldn't believe in magic? You can easily notice that he uses stooges and camera editing but not in the way anyone thinks. When he levitated, nobody believed him so they thought he did camera tricks. Blaine levitated like 4 feet or something with just a balducci (how did he do that. Wow, amaaaaazing!). Let's view what a television is first. It was invented a long time ago so people could get news and communication and the rich families bought one set so they could have some entertainment. Criss is known for his television show, Mindfreak. What's a television show? A specific series of news, communication, or entertainment. It certainly isn't the first two so it must be entertainment. It isn't news or communication because it isn't all factual and it doesn't send a message. So you can believe it's magic or not (there's no such thing as "fake magic") but either way, it's entertainment. I don't mean to shove anything in your face but I'm just voicing what I think of the subject.

I said laypeople would think he's fraud. But younger magicians who look up to him might think that is the way to go, camera trick and paid actors, if magic is going into that direction, then the art of lost. By the way, there is such thing as fake magic, it's an illusion of an illusion, that's what Angel does, he fakes illusions. There is nothing magical about a guy floating between buildings using camera tricks, that Brandon guy that plays Superman can do better, is he a magician? He has won some awards, i still don't see how.

-Tony