View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Criss Angle
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:14 am 
born to perform.

Location: In a white room, With black curtains, At the Station
Yes I do understand Criss Angle does uses Stooges, Camera Tricks, and and all that. Really who cares? Ask your self, Why did you start magic... the answer will probably always be "To entertain" some one said "some1 should make it clear he uses stooges, people worship him without knwoing he is a fraud" What I have to say about that is... Good hes doing it perfect If I were to go down the street to California Magic and Novelty Co. and and say to Gerry Griffin, "Wow that sucked you only did a Ghost Count" Thats the same as saying "Wow that sucked he had a stooge" Its still entertaining to the people who don't know and even to the people who do. Then I saw some other boards saying "Grrrr I hate Hecklers Rarrr I would never be a heckler" And guess what, they are, so lay off of Criss and watch his magic if you dont like it then be quiet and change the channel.----Cigam 8)

Lol O'ya Cigam_Eno is Magic_One

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:17 am 
born to perform.

What is a football player or a basketball player supposed to do? Help their team win games. A football player on steroids help his team win games, even better so that one not on steroids, does it make it ok? Do you approve athletes using steroids, as long as they win games?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:54 am 
born to perform.

oztheozzie wrote:
What is a football player or a basketball player supposed to do? Help their team win games. A football player on steroids help his team win games, even better so that one not on steroids, does it make it ok? Do you approve athletes using steroids, as long as they win games?

A very very very nice point! Couldn't have said better myself.

edit: but I do agree with the fact that everyone should chill with the stooge thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:06 am 

Angel's not going for any championships.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:05 am 
born to perform.

--------------------------------------
No I dont not agree that athletics should use steroids that would be cheating I guess you could even call them "fake muscles" and that is not fair in a game.

No I dont not agree that athletics should use steroids that would be cheating.But what is magic? Its cheating you are doing an ghost count when you say you are just counting the cards. In his case he says no cammera tricks, When there is.

I guess you could even call them "fake muscles"But what is magic? It is fake can I "magicly" pull a coin out some ones ear! No I use The Downs Palm.

and that is not fair in a game.
Well I dont see whats not fair about Criss hes doing what he is supposed to be doing, Which is to amaze in any way possable.

Criss is doing what he supposed to be doing which is to amaze people. I dont think I could say he is a good magician but a good Hmmmm whats the word Amazer :roll: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:55 pm 
born to perform.

But you see, we magicians are liars, it's what we do, but we are "Honest Liars", but when a magician uses camera tricks and paid actors(not assistants mind you), he's a liar period. Quote from Sirbrad.

Also, it's not just his camera tricks and stooges that I hate. It's also his attitude toward David Blaine

and even Houdini. http://crissangel.com/photos.php go to the second to last page, and click Houdini Homage. That's the kind of respect he has for other magicians.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:54 pm 
born to perform.

oztheozzie wrote:
But you see, we magicians are liars, it's what we do, but we are "Honest Liars", but when a magician uses camera tricks and paid actors(not assistants mind you), he's a liar period. Quote from Sirbrad.

Also, it's not just his camera tricks and stooges that I hate. It's also his attitude toward David Blaine

and even Houdini. http://crissangel.com/photos.php go to the second to last page, and click Houdini Homage. That's the kind of respect he has for other magicians.

Ya, rolling around and striking poses on his grave is great. I'm sure he was not very willing to get pictures taken of him and get paid at the same time. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:06 pm 
Penguin

That is the one thing I will never argue about Angel. In my opinion, that is total disrespect to one of the greatest magicians/escape artists of all time. How disrespectful is that? He is practically naked sun bathing on Houdini's grave. That gets me pissed off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:11 pm 
born to perform.

nickedge wrote:
That is the one thing I will never argue about Angel. In my opinion, that is total disrespect to one of the greatest magicians/escape artists of all time. How disrespectful is that? He is practically naked sun bathing on Houdini's grave. That gets me pissed off.

Yeah i know...real respective isn't he?

Gets a tan

Gets his picture taken (so more people will watch him)

Gets paid

Seems like a good respectful magician to the press

Realy all-around good guy! :roll:

luois

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:16 am 
born to perform.

Luois wrote:
nickedge wrote:

Yeah I know...real respective isn't he?

Gets a tan

Gets his picture taken (so more people will watch him)

Gets paid

Seems like a good respectful magician to the press

Realy all-around good guy! :roll:

luois

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:31 am 
Penguin

oztheozzie wrote:

i am sorry but how do you or anyone else on here know that he uses camera trick??? I would love for you to explain how you know he uses camera tricks. Intill you or anyone else can provide proof, then why should you bash him at all its so dumb you are shoving somone down when you dont know anything about him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:42 pm 
born to perform.

Thats so true. You guys are jeleous(sp?) You don't know how to do the trick so you immediatly jump to camera trick. THen you say we are honest liars. That clearly doesnt make sense that putting to antonyms together that like me saying i am hot cold or i am good bad. Look up the definition for honest then look at the antonyms section.

-Sean-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:43 pm 
born to perform.

Thats so true. You guys are jeleous(sp?) You don't know how to do the trick so you immediatly jump to camera trick. THen you say we are honest liars. That clearly doesnt make sense that putting to antonyms together that like me saying i am hot cold or i am good bad. Look up the definition for honest then look at the antonyms section.

-Sean-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:50 pm 
Penguin

And one more thing everyone should read this, when chrisses levitation first came out and no one could figure it out what did EVERYONE HERE JUMP to??? They all said camera tricks and he got bashed for that but then a few months later low and behold he comes out with the gimmick for sale. So there is more reason that all of the angel bashers should just shut their mouths intill they can proove their accusations.

think about these two things if chris did come out with a gimmick for sale of his building walk, or his roof to roof walk, How would you feel???

and If you were preforming acr or another trick on camera and somone couldnt explain it and started really hurting your rep because they said it was a bunch of camera tricks and stooges how would you feel, and what would you do???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:51 am 
Emperor Penguin

DaveRobbins wrote:
And one more thing everyone should read this, when chrisses levitation first came out and no one could figure it out what did EVERYONE HERE JUMP to??? They all said camera tricks and he got bashed for that but then a few months later low and behold he comes out with the gimmick for sale. So there is more reason that all of the angel bashers should just shut their mouths intill they can proove their accusations.

Criss does not perform camera tricks per se, but he uses the camera to conveniently cut-away during the time of a sleight. He is notorious for doing this almost every single effect he does. The only proof you need is to simply watch and have at least an ounce of intelligence and awareness.

This forum is intended as a tool for the exchanging of ideas publicly. One could also say that perhaps you should "shut your mouth" until you are at least able to spell at a 4th grade level, and actually know what you are talking about. Bashing bashers is very hypocritical. Nonetheless opinions will be presented regardless how heartbroken Angel worshipers/fanboys will be. Just because opinions differ from your own does not make them bashing.

Not everyone is so captivated by camera editing, get over it.