View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Impossable Reality
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:54 pm 
Penguin

this is my first essy, it is kind of short.

Magic is feats of the impossable. but magic still needs to have a bit of reality tied into it.
for example- criss angels coin trick, where he swallows the coin and makes it travle down his arm then cuts it out of his wrist. this is a very good trick. But one thing makes the whole trick unbelivable.

that is you cant swallow a coin and make it travle to you arm. that is impossable. it would make a lot more scence if the coin would travle down your chest and then you would cut it out of your stomach. this is way more belivable, and it jus tmakes more scance.

for another example- cryl, he took a classic trick the coin bite trick and made it more belivable. e did the same trick, but he used a cracker.

this in my openion is what magic needs to be like.

it is impossable to bite in to a coin, but you can bite in to a cracker. which makes a lot more scance.

so what im getting at is
magic needs to have a bit of reality tied into it. it cant all be too impossable.

this is just my opineon about magic.
what do you think? does magic need to have some reality tied in to it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:46 pm 
Penguin

any one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:40 pm 
born to perform.

I know what your getting at but, how is taking a bite out of a coin and spitting it back on, any more magical than taking a bite out of a cracker and spitting it back on, in my opinion the magical part is the restoration not the bite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:35 pm 
Penguin

im just saying i think, magic needs to have a bit of reality still in it, i think it makes it more believable. thats all.

every one knows it is imposable to bite through a quarter, but you can bite into a cracker.
i also think the magic is in the restoration of the trick.

i belive if you can do some thing every one can do( like bite into a cracker) but then you show them somthing only you the magician can do (spitting it back on) that is more fun for the spectator. they will try to spit it back on, but they can't.

i think it makes it more fun for the spactator. i like to take things that every one can do or use, and show them something different with it, something they have never seen before. thats all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:51 am 
Penguin

i think that it doesnt matter whether its believable or not
the good thing about quater bite is it so unbelievable and astonishing it amazes people, some of the greatest magical feats are completley un believable, levitating for one also sawing some one in half people see a whole woman alive and in one piece, a box placed over the top, a saw slice through the center and her come out alive and once again in one piece. for them they think its impossible for some one to be chopped in half and restored, this is what adds such a great amazment factor.
just my thought (i could go rambling on forever but thought i would stop myself there)

-Chris