View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:53 am 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Sep 2003
Posts: 11155
Location: Penguin's Most Feared Intellect
seanbuyer896 wrote:
Thats so true. You guys are jeleous(sp?) You don't know how to do the trick so you immediatly jump to camera trick. THen you say we are honest liars. That clearly doesnt make sense that putting to antonyms together that like me saying I am hot cold or I am good bad. Look up the definition for honest then look at the antonyms section.

-Sean-


Probably wouldn't make sense to an Angel fanboy, and one with such a closed mind. Do some research and try thinking a little deeper.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:08 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 401
Sirbad fist of all you diddnt even answer my question. you still have provided no proof that angel uses camera tricks, and because you cant seem to do that, in my opinion their is no point in even posting because all your doing is trying to make this personal insulting my in a rush spelling, dosnt hurt me buddy. Insulting me in general doesn't hurt me because you dont know me, calling me an angel fan boy isnt hurting me or sean who I do infact know, because neither of us are, but what does bug me which is why I posted in the first place is everyone who bashes somone they dont even know like you bashing angel, or me for that matter because you dont know me you havent met me and you probably never will. but I do know this yes my spelling in the first post was not very good, and I should have checked it, but the fact is I diddnt really feel like it at the time and I am sorry for anyone who is bothered by that, but the fact that you took the time to actually point it out and say I am in fourth grade (which is a load of [edited]) shows that you are just trying to get to me, and that alone says you are stupid little child here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:27 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Sep 2003
Posts: 11155
Location: Penguin's Most Feared Intellect
DaveRobbins wrote:
Sirbad fist of all you diddnt even answer my question.


Thanks for the hard laugh right off the bat. I am sure even a stupid child could spell four and five letter words, so I guess that makes a "stupid little child" still smarter than you are. The point that you seemed to miss was, if you are going to go around telling people to shut their mouths you better at least have something coherent to say yourself. Which you have said about everything but so far. Five year old authority figures are laughable at best.

It is very painful trying to wade through all that rubbish, and apparently you have been "in a hurry" 385 times now. No one can prove Angel is using camera trickery, it is TV. Just like you cannot prove he isn't. But those with an ounce of common sense know that Angel cannot do even a fraction of what he is doing on his show live, and without stooges or set-ups. His old stage show yes, this new crap? No. Fanboys believe he can fly from building to building at any moments notice of course, which to me is simply humorous.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:03 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 11 Feb 2005
Posts: 565
Location: Orange County, California
I do agree with sirbad on the fact that he does cut away usually during a misdirection moment or a slieght. But that fact of him using the camera to create and entire effect isn't true. I am also trying to say that people shouldn't say camera tricks every time he does a seemingly(sp?) impossible effect. Also another important fact that he was Magician of the year 3 times which is the most highly prestiged award for magicians of this day. Do you think they gave that away because he cane create an effect with a camera. I don't think so. I think he does have lots of skill and creativity to be the magician of the year 3 times. If you don't agree with me on that you really are a pathetic person who is jealous of Criss.
By the way Sirbad I am not a Angel Fan boy but I do not dislike him. So don't judge when you don't know me. Also Graham uncle Todd Robbins in a consultant for the show and I ma sure he sends feed back of good of magician Criss is. So Graham actually knows what he is talking about and is also not an Angel loving fan so again don't juge people you don't know.


Thanks,

Sean


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:20 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 401
thanks for the intro sean, how old are you anyway sirbad your like trying to start a war, saying my soc post is just a rant when infact its a problem that i was addressing and most of the mods on these forums completely agree with me on. your wasting your time trying to fight me because in my eyes you already lost, and I am sure in your own you already won, its a forum theres no point in trying to make it personal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:00 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Sep 2003
Posts: 11155
Location: Penguin's Most Feared Intellect
I never said Criss used the camera entirely, but I only ever complained about his convenient cut-shots, and stoogery. Also just because you make a fake username that contains the same name as another magician, does not mean it is an actual fact. After reading the majority of Graham's posts, I highly doubt there is any relation to Todd. I will have to check on that. Nonetheless I don't really care either, one sell out is enough let alone an entire crew.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:04 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 401
lol ok I will cut you a break on this one sirbad, dave is not a magician though he is my dad and a year ago he created this account, but yes since you dont know I am related to todd just ask sean, or anyone else i know I understand that you may not beleive it because its a forum but I definatly am and if you really want me to I can post a picture of us togeather. or send you his private demo video which is very good.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:08 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 401
you know what sirbad instead of just ignoring you I will just be nice are little miss understanding/tussle/what ever you want to call it started over somthing stupid, and frankly I dont want to fight about it its just annoying, so if you want to I am willing to start over fresh.

Hi I am graham nice to meet you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:00 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 26 Mar 2006
Posts: 663
Criss ANGLE...hmm...

He must be like David BALNIE

or NEPP & TERREL

or David COFFERPIELD

or Lance TURBON...

:wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:17 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 327
seanbuyer896 wrote:
I do agree with sirbad on the fact that he does cut away usually during a misdirection moment or a slieght. But that fact of him using the camera to create and entire effect isn't true. I am also trying to say that people shouldn't say camera tricks every time he does a seemingly(sp?) impossible effect. Also another important fact that he was Magician of the year 3 times which is the most highly prestiged award for magicians of this day. Do you think they gave that away because he cane create an effect with a camera. I don't think so. I think he does have lots of skill and creativity to be the magician of the year 3 times. If you don't agree with me on that you really are a pathetic person who is jealous of Criss.
By the way Sirbad I am not a Angel Fan boy but I do not dislike him. So don't judge when you don't know me. Also Graham uncle Todd Robbins in a consultant for the show and I ma sure he sends feed back of good of magician Criss is. So Graham actually knows what he is talking about and is also not an Angel loving fan so again don't juge people you don't know.


Thanks,

Sean




ok thinkn of this i agree with this guy
everyone now days has dvr tivo and other stuff like that if he didnt cut at the moment of a sleaight people could just watch it over and over till they figure it out then parade it around that they figured out criss angel i e- meiled banachek he said the editing isnt made my criss its made in california and they cut the camera at bad angles and stuff he also siad that criss doesnt care what other magicians think about wether he uses camera tricks or not all that matters is that there was a still a method of performing the trick he did

an example of this is the illuisonist (movie)
90 percent of that was real tircks it says so in the commentary they filmed the trick using the acual method but like the smoke coming out of the mirror it was real but to make the smoke look better they enhanced it and the drawing appearing it was gimmicked paper and he had an odorless chemical which would make the paper react and make whatever they drew visible how he used the chemical they said magicians sometimes use a rubber laced pocket that they spray the chemical in and all he has to do is dip his hand in his pocket and the fumes will just come off his hands

sorry about grammar in this post but im trying to hurry cuz im grounded from the computer and my parents are on their way home


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:45 am 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 Nov 2004
Posts: 1450
Location: Boston, MA
While I understand that he sometimes uses a camera to help hide the effect, he also uses it to completely enhance the effect, yet still claims there are no camera tricks.

For instance, go find the video of him doing PK Touches. They use camera edits so you never even see him go near the person. He then ends the trick by having the chair collapse. That completely changes the trick. He does the trick, then edits the footage to make it look like he never goes near the person. To me, that seems unfair.

Other magicians have done PK Touches on TV and haven't gotten caught. They don't have the camera cut away, nor do they do it any differently than if they were doing it for a small group of friends.

His problem is that he claims he doesn't use camera effects, and then blatantly does. I just don't consider that right.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Criss Angle
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:59 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 27 Sep 2006
Posts: 3120
Location: Everywhere, but no where
Cigam_Eno wrote:
Yes I do understand Criss Angle does uses Stooges, Camera Tricks, and and all that. Really who cares? Ask your self, Why did you start magic... the answer will probably always be "To entertain" some one said "some1 should make it clear he uses stooges, people worship him without knwoing he is a fraud" What I have to say about that is... Good hes doing it perfect If I were to go down the street to California Magic and Novelty Co. and and say to Gerry Griffin, "Wow that sucked you only did a Ghost Count"

You missed the point Evan. Gerry can shock the life out of you even if you know what sleights he's doing. If I watch him do an Elmsely Count, I know it's an Elmsely Count, but I still don't see what's coming. THAT is magic. When your audience knows that it isn't real and yet, is still entertained.

If the general populous knew that Angel used stooges and camera tricks, would they still be amazed by him? No. He'd just be a dufus with a bad hair cut.


Thats the same as saying "Wow that sucked he had a stooge" Its still entertaining to the people who don't know and even to the people who do.

What people "Who know it's a stooge" are entertained? That defeats the entire purpose. If you are doing magic you should be displaying something that others can't do. If it is known that all you need is a 'Yes-man', then nothing he's doing is special anymore.


Then I saw some other boards saying "Grrrr I hate Hecklers Rarrr I would never be a heckler" And guess what, they are,

Not the same thing at all. A heckler scoffs at you when you are doing well, because he wants attention or just to bother you. I hate hecklers, and what the 'Angel haters' are doing isn't heckling. Angel has become an icon, and alot of people are getting ripped off because of his garbage (most of them magicians and new kids just entering the field). If you saw a con-man doing the 3 shell game and taking people's money on the street, wouldn't you stop and tell the people it's a scam? Not to do so is irresponsible.

so lay off of Criss and watch his magic if you dont like it then be quiet and change the channel.----Cigam 8)

When Criss does some magic, I'll lay off of him. He's tried on a few occasions, but his poorly practiced moves are painfully obvious. I'm sorry, but I can't congradulate him for being THAT lousy (at best, I could encourage him to do better).

Lol O'ya Cigam_Eno is Magic_One
And dbaker_creator is rotaerc_rekabd, or is that the other way around? Oh well.
Dustin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:10 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Posts: 1722
Location: Canada
Dr_Stephen_Midnight wrote:
Criss ANGLE...hmm...

He must be like David BALNIE

or NEPP & TERREL

or David COFFERPIELD

or Lance TURBON...

:wink:


I know, huh? Is Criss ANGLE 45 degree or 90?
Seriously, that is such a common typo.
Also David Blane, although that's not a typo. Actually, now that I think of it, maybe it is.

~Z


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:43 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 12 Jul 2006
Posts: 1086
Location: In a white room, With black curtains, At the Station
zacharias wrote:
Dr_Stephen_Midnight wrote:
Criss ANGLE...hmm...

He must be like David BALNIE

or NEPP & TERREL

or David COFFERPIELD

or Lance TURBON...

:wink:


I know, huh? Is Criss ANGLE 45 degree or 90?
Seriously, that is such a common typo.
Also David Blane, although that's not a typo. Actually, now that I think of it, maybe it is.

~Z

zacharias, you just got pwned... by yourself


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Criss Angle
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:46 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Posts: 1222
Cigam_Eno wrote:
Yes I do understand Criss Angle does uses Stooges, Camera Tricks, and and all that. Really who cares? Ask your self, Why did you start magic... the answer will probably always be "To entertain" some one said "some1 should make it clear he uses stooges, people worship him without knwoing he is a fraud" What I have to say about that is... Good hes doing it perfect If I were to go down the street to California Magic and Novelty Co. and and say to Gerry Griffin, "Wow that sucked you only did a Ghost Count" Thats the same as saying "Wow that sucked he had a stooge" Its still entertaining to the people who don't know and even to the people who do. Then I saw some other boards saying "Grrrr I hate Hecklers Rarrr I would never be a heckler" And guess what, they are, so lay off of Criss and watch his magic if you dont like it then be quiet and change the channel.----Cigam 8)

Lol O'ya Cigam_Eno is Magic_One



Who the heck is Criss Angle.

I only know a Criss Angel. :D

edit: haha didn't see second page.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.