View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

What do you think?
We should accept bad grammear! 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
We should accept some things like BTP and IMHO but not i,2,plz type grammar! 65%  65%  [ 11 ]
We should NOT accept any bad grammar. 18%  18%  [ 3 ]
I don't care. 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
It's anoying but it's not a big deal. 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 17
 Post subject: wud u plz hlp meee?! (An mini-essay mini-series on respect)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:28 pm 
Penguin

:lol:
Here's a short essay on grammar:
We've all seen the posts by people who are trying to save time, have spent too much time IMing etc. Examples:
i=I
2=to or too
plz=Please
u=You
ALLCAPS= all capitals
Example message:
im loking 4 sum nu trix 2 du PLZ REPLI CWICLY
That was a bit exaggerated but you get the point. When people see this sort of post they think that the poster is rude and immature and then may not want to answer your question. It won’t take very much time to type out the entire word and you will gain more respect on the forums. Maybe because we accept the use of TT and IT we will accept bad grammar. Using better grammar will improve the quality of the forums.

For those of you who post messages like this: We understand you are trying to save time etc. but it is better for you, better for the rest of us and better for the forums if you use good grammar in your posts.

Last edited by RealMagic_JL on Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:04 pm 
born to perform.

Location: President of the davidcon fan club. (Always welcoming new members)
Okay, #1: Change the title. If you don't, people will suspect that you're a noob, and therefore not "help" you.
#2: I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this.
#3: I completely agree with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:59 pm 
Penguin

Good points! I will be adding a spelling one too.

Post subject: Re: wud u plz hlp meee?! (An mini-essay mini-series on respe
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:20 pm 
Penguin

RealMagic_JL wrote:
:lol:
Here's a short essay on grammar:
We've all seen the posts by people who are trying to save time, have spent too much time IMing etc. Examples:
i=I
2=to or too
plz=Please
u=You
ALLCAPS= all capitals
Example message:
im loking 4 sum nu trix 2 du PLZ REPLI CWICLY
That was a bit exaggerated but you get the point. When people see this sort of post they think that the poster is rude and immature and then may not want to answer your question. It won?t take very much time to type out the entire word and you will gain more respect on the forums. Maybe because we accept the use of TT and IT we will accept bad grammar. Using better grammar will improve the quality of the forums.

For those of you who post messages like this: We understand you are trying to save time etc. but it is better for you, better for the rest of us and better for the forums if you use good grammar in your posts.

I am not being funny here but some people like my self have dyslexic and may find it very hard to do grammar but we give it a go that’s where you should give us credit as well as not being able to spell like where to put full stops and where to start with a capital letters you got to be careful how you word this and make it fair for everyone It took me a long time to tell others I had dyslexic because I was scared of them taking the mick as I grow up I might get some doing that now but some of us are not doing it to save time but it makes it sound like we should not able to shear our interest in magic you should be encouraging people to come here and shear there views make me fill that I can not add to the form because I fill my spelling is not good another an you do not understand people me its very hard to thank you for your time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:20 pm 
Penguin

i hope you do not think i am being funny but i had a lot of pepole take the mick out of me with my dyslexic as i growup and it just mad me fill out of place here and i enjoy it here thank you again i did not mean to double forum accidental i should of put it on the same as the other one

Last edited by MagicCoins on Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:35 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Dyslexia shouldn't be an excuse. I have dyslexia, but I overcome it.

What he was mostly speaking about (atleast from what I assume) is more about the people who just are too lazy to spend anytime in trying to post. People who won't use full words, or who spaz out and add hundreds of exclamation points after their words.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:43 pm 
Penguin

fallingblood wrote:

What he was mostly speaking about (atleast from what I assume) is more about the people who just are too lazy to spend anytime in trying to post. People who won't use full words, or who spaz out and add hundreds of exclamation points after their words.

if you have dyslexia you should undstand what i am saying and its not a excuse i find it very hard to dill with evry day life at the age of 28 when i was yaung they did not teach pepole with dyslexia as good as they do to day good thing is i give it a go and your very lucky if you have overcome it not evry one does i woulod love to be better at my speling and gramer i can read great is just speling and gramer is not good and thank you very much fallingblood for Explaining to me what he means thanks for your time

Last edited by MagicCoins on Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:50 pm 
Emperor Penguin

MagicCoins wrote:
fallingblood wrote:

if you have dyslexia you should undstand what i am saying and its not a excuse i find it very hard to dill with evry day life at the age of 28 when i was yaung they did not teach pepole with dyslexia as good as they do to day good thing is i give it a go and your very luck if you have overcome it not evry one does thanks for your time anyway.
I understand what you are saying. All that I am saying is dont let it become an excuse or a crutch. It just takes a little longer to get things done. So, as long as you give it a try, and actually try to use proper grammar, the best that you can, then no one will really have a problem with you.

The problem is mainly with the younger members who shorten everything because they are too lazy to take the time and try to form complete thoughts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:07 pm 
Penguin

fallingblood wrote:

what you are saying is very true. but i do not let it becoem a excuse or a crutch
i only comeup with it if i think it sound like someone makeing it sound like they are getting someone about gramer when ist not evry one but now you expsland it to me i know what he mean now see thanks for your time any way.