View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Performance Intro
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:58 pm 
Penguin

I thought this up one day in my room and thought it could be a cool intro to a performance or trick. I can picture it coming up and a projection screen on the stage line by line. Especially the end. Then the screen rises up and the show begins. 8) It's serious, but with a little humor too.

"To everything there is an explanation. With this you may agree. As for me? Well, yes, that is my opinion as well. Although there is a slight difference when it comes to my thoughts of this 'theory'. I believe that there is an explanation to MOST everything. There are still entities in this world that are yet to be explined. UFO's, life after death, Jessica Alba's amazing looks-----and the human mind-----the psyche. One of the most complex machines that has ever been encountered. Oh, and there is one other thing that has no explanation---no justification---no answer. And that one thing is........What you are about to see. Are you watching closely? If you are, chances are----it's not close enough."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:28 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Pretty good, but an audience might get bored if it's that long. I would try to edit it and make it a little shorter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:19 pm 
born to perform.

That would get me really pumped up for magic whether I was a laymen or a magician. Nice thoughts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:49 pm 
Penguin

I might try to shorten it---maybe... Mmmmm...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:54 pm 
born to perform.

Why? I used the entire intro to Banachek's Pre Thoughts stage show when I performed it last month - took me in excess of 3 minutes and everyone stuck with me from word one to the end. As long as you can deliver it in a manner befitting the show I say keep it as is. It's good, a little bit Mulder but nobody remembers the X-files anymore anyway :D

Seriously, I like it. If anything I'd maybe try to make it a little longer. I guess it's mentalism you're introducing?

(my additions/alterations in italics)

To everything there is an explanation. With this you may agree. As for me? I agree, that is my opinion as well. Well, kind of. You see, for me there is a word missing from this 'theory'. I believe that there is an explanation to MOST things. We can explain human biology, or how we cook food, the existence of cars for example. But, there are still entities in this world that are yet to be explained. UFOs, life after death, Jessica Alba's amazing looks...and the human mind...the psyche. One of the most complex machines that has ever been encountered. Science is still unsure as to how much of the mind we use conciously at any one time. A good estimate would be about 10%, although if there's a nuerosurgeon in the house..? Let's take 10% as our number shall we? That means that there's 90% of brain either working in the background, or not working at all. Imagine if you could engage that huge portion of your brain and use it, what new abilities might you learn? Super memory? Savontistic mathmatics? Maybe, just maybe, you might be able to read peoples' thoughts, their dreams and aspirations, their feelings, their needs and their fears. Maybe. Oh, and there is one other thing I forgot to mention that potentially has no logical explanation........What you are about to see. (Are you watching closely? If you are, chances are----it's not close enough.)

I'm not 100% on this last line but I still kinda like it so I'm not removing it. Don't feel obliged to even like a single edit I've done, I've just turned it into something I feel would play up the nature of the act more. Of course, not knowing you or your act this might have missed the mark entirely, in which case I'll consider it a good exercise in style.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:53 pm 
born to perform.

Location: President of the davidcon fan club. (Always welcoming new members)
Yeah, I would get rid of the last line. It gives out the message that there is something to catch, if the audience looks hard enough. And that's really not what mentalism is about. Plus, it'll probably get the audience to watch you even closer. That's not really what you want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:25 pm 
Penguin

Location: Well I was thinking about it but, I like your moms house
I thought that was great...I am guessing you do that speech for older people.....