View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Angel and Blaine Era (p1)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:52 pm 
Emperor Penguin

The Angel and Blaine Era: [part 1]

For the last few years these two names have covered the magic world both verbally, mentally and physically. They have TV shows, merchandise, sponsors, their own magic effects for sale.
They have penetrated both the magic community and the public; Leaving trails of anger and love.
They have both helped further the art of magic and both added to hindering the art.

They have helped in the advancement of magic in numerous ways: Both have brought a light to the arts on a world wide scale. They are known around the world through the help of TV and the Internet. They have exposed numerous people to the arts, that other wise might have never seen it. They show they world magic in a whole new light, innovating it, changing it, making it their own. Over the past few years I have seen an increase the in amount of “magiciansâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:15 pm 
born to perform.

Location: President of the Sluggo for U.S. President Committee
Well said David, well said. I completely agree. I would post a great link to the Cafe, but unfortunately, that's against the rules. It's an essay about Blaine. Maybe I'll ask a mod about it, and they'll allow me. Dave, if you would like to see it, I can PM it to you. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:40 am 
Penguin

Excellent essay! I agree completely about helping magic on a large scale. On a small scale, they may have hindered it. Sometimes I'm asked if I can do some crazy stunt that Criss Angel can only do on television, let's say, and it's frustrating; but I usually turn it into a different trick. Overall, they have definitely advanced the art of magic, bringing more and more people into the world that wouldn't have normally been there. And again, great essay :wink: