View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Dont give up! Magic gives a lot of opportunity!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:25 pm 
born to perform.

Dont give up!

I remember down when I was in high school grade 3, When I began my magical adventure into Mark Wilson book, and spending just about everything down to the penny's in magic shops, spending hours in front of a mirror just to get my french drop right. Bullie's in my school where shouting out loud «... You're so imature to play with your magic wands doing little magic tricks that everyone catch! ...». In that time I was very influencible, As much kids around 8-15 ( you can see it with E and youtube ). So I too began to belive that magic was ''Edited'' But no big deal, I just stoped to perform at school and I keept looking in my books.

They knew I was still doing magic... And still up to grade 5 they where still thinking the same thing, But I got older and stuff that people said about magic as being Edited dindn't affected me much because I knew [...]

What in magic would be ''Edited'', Tell them that instead of loosing your time and bull people, you, instead make them laugh and make them feel good. I never been a bully, Down in grade 1, When I got to high school I got bullied, and I know what it does trust me, I was small and shy. So I know what it does and I wont do it to anyone, And if you are one of them, please get that into consideration and try to learn from my anecdote.

You keept doing magic because you know its an unusual thing, that magicians are ''rare'' especially if you live in a small town.

[...] Now im in colledge out in Montreal called '' school of show buisness '' That only takes the cream of the cream of young performers, Im learning to manage a stage, to script shows, how to entertain people, how to be funny etc. And im looking at the bully's that got out of the school in grade 4 to learn their proffession. So they got to work one year before me and they where driving nice cars, OOH! I wanted one of them... But I was still in high school and I had troubles to pay the insurances... So they where still bully's, Getting girls with their ''big cars''. I still keept my cool. In the summer bettween my last year in high school and second year at the colledge I began to perform as a part-time magician, With a powerfull script that pro's helped me to make. Now those bully's win around 500$ per week, paying like 100$ for insurance per week.

Now how about me, I could win easy 400$ for a day of booking In Ultra Hotel In montreal, And I could make 1500$ a night if I loan the oratory in the weekends ( much of the profits goes to advertising and loan of the oratory... ) So, I see them working at Mc Donald, Tim Ortons, to pay for they're insurances and cars while they are at school. While I work two days per week and In one week I can almost pay my insurance for the year. And plus you will probably have other gigs for other small events during the week.

So they are still with they're Honda Civic's while I drive an Eclipse Spyder of the year and I still have a lot of money to do what I want to.

So, In this little anectode, I want you to understand ( Talking to younger magicians ) That even if bully's are up on you, that they say that you are immature ( 9 times out of 10 they are and you are not ) because you do magic tricks, that you have a magic wands etc...

DONT LISTEN TO THEM!! It pays off A LOT, First you will get a lot of ethics that you will use in real life conditions and if you chat a lot here on penguin and say weird immature stuff, older magicians will tell you that what you say is immature, You will be much more mature then other kids.

Second, To learn magic you will have to put a lot of efforts and to overcome stress, It pays off a lot in real life because you will have to deal with situations that requires efforts in life and you will be the first guy to work hard for what they want.

Belive me, Magic is a little gem, It changed my life, It will change yours too! In the right way!

When I readed Maximum entertainment by Ken Weber one sentance changed my life

«... The hard way is alway the easy way ...»

~Bliztmagic.

Post subject: Re: Dont give up! Magic gives a lot of opportunity!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:09 pm 
born to perform.

Holy crap. Great essay. It really spoke to me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:00 pm 
born to perform.

Nicholas96 wrote:
Holy crap. Great essay. It really spoke to me.

Im glad you liked it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:39 pm 
born to perform.

Nice, that's good that you stuck with your magic career. I hate bullies too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:06 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I could have sworn I posted here. I just came back to read it again because of how great it is. Excellent essay.... it really inspired me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:16 pm 
born to perform.

Awesome essay. I am currently planning to go to junior college after highschool ( this is my last year in highschool) and I really want to pursue a career in magic while in junior college. Your essay is inspiring and makes me feel as if I can do it. Thank you for writing it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:09 am 
Penguin

Bliztmagic wrote:
I drive an Eclipse Spyder of the year

You know those are marketed to women, right! Just making sure!

Bliztmagic wrote:
In the summer bettween my last year in high school and second year at the college

Good essay, although I'm a lot confused about how you went from your last year in high school to your second year at college in one summer though

But great advice. Hard work pays off.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:18 pm 
born to perform.

dennskymcfish wrote:
Bliztmagic wrote:
I drive an Eclipse Spyder of the year

You know those are marketed to women, right! Just making sure!

Bliztmagic wrote:
In the summer bettween my last year in high school and second year at the college

Good essay, although I'm a lot confused about how you went from your last year in high school to your second year at college in one summer though

But great advice. Hard work pays off.

Oh thanks, I had a spelling mistake there, thanks again.