View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Daniel Garcia and Jay Sankey are the same guy
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:01 pm 
born to perform.

A while ago there was a thread titled Is Anyone Else Tired of Daniel Garcia. During the run of that thread I thought about a few things and I came to a conclusion that I thought was kinda funny. Daniel Garcia and Jay Sankey are the same guy.

Of course they are not physically the same person. But their has striking similarities. Both DG and JS like simple methods to accomplish great effects. DG has Jacobs Ladder and Pressure (still don't like it) and JS has too many tricks to mention that are visual and easy.

I know they are marketed vastly different. DG is marketed in that Theory11 uber kool style, and we hardly ever see the effect. JS is marketed as the good he is, and the trick is shown in such detail, you can actually figure it out and wind up paying for just the gimmick.

But anyone who has bought DG material will tell you, DG is a goof just like JS. Watch Scattered on youtube DG is calling the guy bobby just for fun. I guess the reason why I posted this is because some people didn't like Daniel Garcia but liked Jay Sankey. Just making an observation (a wordy one).

Keegan

Post subject: Re: Daniel Garcia and Jay Sankey are the same guy
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:39 pm 
born to perform.

mchkeegan wrote:
But anyone who has bought DG material will tell you, DG is a goof just like JS. Watch Scattered on youtube DG is calling the guy bobby just for fun. I guess the reason why I posted this is because some people didn't like Daniel Garcia but liked Jay Sankey. Just making an observation

I saw that on some DVD. That was just stupid and rude.

I'm glad I found that DVD on a torrent and didn't pay for it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:56 pm 
Emperor Penguin

ElConquistador wrote:
mchkeegan wrote:
But anyone who has bought DG material will tell you, DG is a goof just like JS. Watch Scattered on youtube DG is calling the guy bobby just for fun. I guess the reason why I posted this is because some people didn't like Daniel Garcia but liked Jay Sankey. Just making an observation

So you admit to stealing? Thats just stupid and rude and unethical.

Have a nice day and dont bother posting again on this forum.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:05 pm 
born to perform.

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
ElConquistador wrote:
mchkeegan wrote:

Yah dude, you have also said something about downloading Tarbell courses. You are infringing on rights holders property by supporting copiers. May Chuck Norris have mercy on your soul.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:15 am 
Penguin

I honestly love Daniel Garcia's style of humour. Jay's is a little zany for me, but I still like it. And much like you said, both have somewhat simple methods for brilliant effects. Both have a flair for creativity that is rare to see. You can also see it in their style of humour. They are creative.
Calling the guy Bobby the whole time was a pretty good little joke I thought. It was just a way to amuse himself and honestly, who got hurt by it? The "Non-Bobby" got to see a sweet effect by a sweet magician, and probably really didn't even remember being called the wrong name. Daniel was doing to see how many times the guy would correct him before just giving up and resigning to being called Bobby, which is where the humour lied.
I love watching Garcia's stuff because you are going to learn a sweet effect and laugh a lot as well.
If some people don't like his style, that's great. Don't buy his stuff. It isn't rocket science. Same with Sankey.
But you hit the nail on the head about the marketing and the creativity. And both deserve props for it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:54 am 
Penguin

Haha the same guy? I was about to ask if you were on crack.

But yeah... they are two of my favorites. And Sankey is working with Garcia on a new project. Definitely looking forward to that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:16 am 
born to perform.

mchkeegan wrote:
DavidTheCryptic wrote:
ElConquistador wrote:

Yah dude, you have also said something about downloading Tarbell courses. You are infringing on rights holders property by supporting copiers. May Chuck Norris have mercy on your soul.

Regardless, he knows now that it is not okay to steal material. Both of them now know that it is something that is frowned upon at these forums. It need not be a topic debated about. Bringing up old things that he has possibly said (I say it this way because you didn't quote or find the topic so it's not really proof) when he has already shown that his views have changed is unnecessary. I'm not saying you need to provide proof, I'm just saying that stirring up the pot here is not needed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:55 pm 
born to perform.

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
ElConquistador wrote:
mchkeegan wrote:

All three of those descriptions are very subjective.

However, I'll agree to "rude" and "unethical" as I believe I can understand the logic you used to come to this conclusion.

Unfortunately, I can't understand how "stupid" applies here.
Why is saving money considered "stupid"?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:09 pm 
born to perform.

I could be wrong here but I believe he meant that admitting to having stolen it was stupid. Which it is on these forums as that is highly frowned upon. And you will catch flack for it if you continue to post about that here. Possibly even if you aren't talking about it but disagreeing with someone. Many times other issues will be brought up, and this might be one of them. Then again, that's just my interpretation of what he said.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:28 am 
born to perform.

bucky310 wrote:
I could be wrong here but I believe he meant that admitting to having stolen it was stupid. Which it is on these forums as that is highly frowned upon. And you will catch flack for it if you continue to post about that here. Possibly even if you aren't talking about it but disagreeing with someone. Many times other issues will be brought up, and this might be one of them. Then again, that's just my interpretation of what he said.

That's a valid interpretation. It makes sense.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:19 am 
Penguin

I'd like to remind you all of the epic words of Michael Ammar: "If you can't think of anything nice to say, don't say anything! Everytime I hear a magician talk badly about another magician, they both end up looking bad"