View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: David copperfield the greatest illusionist?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:12 am 
Penguin

is david copperfield the greatest illusionist? walking through the great wall, making the statue of liberty dissapear? sawing himself in half? give me your opinions. and critics are welcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:06 am 
Penguin

Yeah, maybe yeah he is I mean yeah he is. The world is going to end next year so no one can beat him yeah he is the best!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:34 am 
Penguin

at least I have not seen anyone better than him.yeah,he should be the best by a huge difference.Blaine,Angel and Cyril type of magicians can be considered as a newbie when compared to Copperfield...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:31 pm 
Emperor Penguin

his funniest illusion was the laser. :lol:

but i dont really like him, so i dont really like any of his tricks. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:03 pm 
born to perform.

I think he is Incredible! I got to go see him live in Branson Missouri! It was awesome! I got an autographed picture of him (my dad got it for me cause he got to be an assistant to him on stage) And he gave it to me! But yeah, incredible Illusions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:29 pm 
born to perform.

I think he is great, Im not sure about being the greatest. There have been so many great illusionists. Houdini, Blackstone (Sr. and Jr.), Chun Lin Soo. Even today we have some greats, Lance Burton, the Pendragons, Penn and Teller. I dont know for sure.

I have a feeling that, in the end, David Copperfield will end up being in magic what Muhammad Ali is in boxing. A very memorable performer, well known by people everywhere, responsible for creating a spike in interest in their field, and widely considered the greatest by lay people. But never among the top 20 of anyone who know's list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:21 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
He is very good and one of the most famous magcians alive today but there are people who are better than him. Dont get me wrong, hes still great, I just think there have benn better ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:21 am 
Penguin

I think that David Copperfield is the greatest magician alive!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:26 am 
Penguin

how can anybody be greater at stage magic or illusions He is not a very goog close up perfomer but i dont know anybody whos walked thru the great wall ( wich the wall couldnt have had a gimmick in it ) or made the statue of liberty dissaper. in his show he gets you so emossionaly into it. its differnt seeing him on tv and seeing him walk thru a 4 in thivk piece of metal or make a car dissaper or make 14 random
people dissaper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:25 pm 
Penguin

How do you define "Greatest" though. Some say that Thurston was the greatest and that his personality and presence on stage was unparralleled even to this date. Blakstone's presence was also considered phenomenal and I know someone who went to his show 3 times just to figure out how he made a miniature horse appear on stage (his understanding and use of misdirection was that good). Houdini, depsite not being the greatest still has his name remembered and called out when you ask someone to name a famous magician. Doug Henning was the best known magician due to his television appearances in the 70's and he is credited with taking magicians out of long tails and bowties and into the 20th century. Because of the exposure one now gets with television, Copperfield has certainly become one of the best known illusionists of our time, he is certainly the highest grossing illusionist of our history but is he THE GREATEST? Something to ponder.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Got your copy of "The Complete THE MENTALIST" yet?

Post subject: Any good CD on illusion
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 3:32 am 
Penguin

are there any DVD availbale which teach us the illusions done by copperfield. ?? or any similar illusions

Post subject: Re: Any good CD on illusion
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:26 am 
born to perform.

Location: An amatuer practices until he gets it right, a professional practices until he can't get it wrong...
futtu wrote:
are there any DVD availbale which teach us the illusions done by copperfield. ?? or any similar illusions

Yeah, him and Cyril have a DVD coming out that explain both of their tricks.

Post subject: what is the name of the cd
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:41 am 
Penguin

what is the name of the cd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:28 am 
Penguin

is that really true? then they wun have to eat anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:43 pm 
born to perform.

I think he is awesome but if you think about it..hes got soooo much money he could almost get ANYTHING made, just a thought