View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Penn and teller
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm 
born to perform.

Hiya!

I just watched Penn and teller: Magic and mystery tour..I was very goo and now i have been inspired from it. Traveling all over the world(china, india, and egypt) It was very entertianing and informational...good magic fun!

What do you think of p&t overall--i think they work very hard and it is seen through thier amazing talent and performances..

And how old do you think they are??

Post subject: Re: Penn and teller
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:08 pm 
Penguin

magicgolferman wrote:
Hiya!

I just watched Penn and teller: Magic and mystery tour..I was very goo and now I have been inspired from it. Traveling all over the world(china, india, and egypt) It was very entertianing and informational...good magic fun!

What do you think of p&t overall--I think they work very hard and it is seen through thier amazing talent and performances..

And how old do you think they are??

You were very goo? Wow. :D
-Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:49 pm 
born to perform.

wow i was like outof it:

lemme tell you what i was trying to say:

IT was very good and I have been inspired by it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:12 pm 
Penguin

I just saw their show at the Rio in Vegas a few weeks ago. It was excellent!! Got to chat (yes, Teller CAN talk!!) with them briefly after the show. I got them to autograph our ticket stubs and I took pics of my girlfriend standing with each of them. Penn calls everyone "Boss". I'd love to see their show again sometime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:08 am 
born to perform.

i like penn and teller's show bull s***. that show is hilarious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:03 pm 
Penguin

magicgolferman wrote:
wow I was like outof it:

lemme tell you what I was trying to say:

IT was very good and I have been inspired by it

I know, I was just joking! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:23 am 
Penguin

they scare me( a tall fat guy and a little skinney suy(creapy)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:14 am 
born to perform.

I hate penn and teller. They have a bad attitude about magic and theyre killing it when they give away all of the secrets to all of their effects (i.e. cups and balls, driving a truck over teller, etc,). They arent funny and they're always talking about how the magic castle is angry at them for giving away the secrets. "Oh look at us, we're so rebellious!" Those are exactly the guys you'd see hosting the breaking the magicians code specials.

P.S. Their promotion of atheism is NOT cool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:52 am 
Emperor Penguin

kraynik wrote:
I hate penn and teller. They have a bad attitude about magic and theyre killing it when they give away all of the secrets to all of their effects (I.e. cups and balls, driving a truck over teller, etc,). They arent funny and they're always talking about how the magic castle is angry at them for giving away the secrets. "Oh look at us, we're so rebellious!" Those are exactly the guys you'd see hosting the breaking the magicians code specials.

P.S. Their promotion of atheism is NOT cool

Most of the stuff they expose, is stuff that they created in the first place. Yes, the cups and balls wasn't something they created, but many magicians expose the secret to it. Gazzo does to a point, but it's funny.

They have a love hate relationship with magic. I think many magicians do. And why is pormoting atheism not cool? People promote Christianity and every other religion. They don't believe in a god, many people don't. They have just as much right to promote their beliefs as anyone else does.

I personally find Penn and Teller to be hilarious. If you ever watch their movie, Penn and Teller get killed, you can hear Teller talk at the end of the movie. I think they're amazing. They've had probably more tv exposure then any other magician. And the Bullsh*t series is awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:14 pm 
Penguin

Penn and Teller should expose their original magic. It shows the world that magicians are, in penn and tellers words "Just a couple of guys who learned to do some cool stuff". For instance, their "Blast Off" routine is amazing until they do it a second time. Where's the magic in that? Its just choreography basically. I dont know, their performance got them where they are now, but i think if they kept their secrets they'd be a lot farther down the road...

I agree with their rights to promote atheism, but in my opinion, religion and magic shouldnt come together. Even if it's just saying what you believe, magic is magic and religion is religion, religious magic would be blasphemous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:55 pm 
Penguin

kraynik63 wrote:
Penn and Teller should expose their original magic. It shows the world that magicians are, in penn and tellers words "Just a couple of guys who learned to do some cool stuff". For instance, their "Blast Off" routine is amazing until they do it a second time. Where's the magic in that? Its just choreography basically. I dont know, their performance got them where they are now, but I think if they kept their secrets they'd be a lot farther down the road...

I agree with their rights to promote atheism, but in my opinion, religion and magic shouldnt come together. Even if it's just saying what you believe, magic is magic and religion is religion, religious magic would be blasphemous.

farther down the road? you make it sound like they're complete failures. how much more do they need to accomplish. they've had countless tv appearances, several big tv specials. they have toured the world with their magic. they just completed their 4th season of their tv series. they have a headlining show at the RIO in vegas where they perform 6 nights a week. they've released numerous books. penn has his own radio show. what more is there? they are 2 of the biggest names in modern day magic.

every magic trick is pretty much choreography. i don't know why everyone is always so upset with penn and teller "revealing secrets" all the tricks they do reveal, they created the method. i know that they used to "teach" their audience how to palm a card back in the day, i don't know if they still do that, but then a couple of tricks later, they use that palming method to accomplish one of their tricks, and if they are able to fool their audience using the move they just taught them, how much really has been revealed? as for the cups and balls, sure they use clear plastic cups, and sure penn is saying everything that is going on, but if you watch any clip of it, they are going at such a speed that it is impossible to really comprehend what is going on, and that is an art form in itself. No one has supernatural powers, and no one ever has, and they don't want people thinking that they do. they want credit for clever things they come up with, and by letting the audience in on a "few secrets" they are never playing the audience for fools and they can continue to entertain. they have this magic persona of the 'bad boys of magic' and of liars, cheaters, and terrible con artists, but the reality is they are two of the most respectful, ethical and honest performers there are... in my opinion.

they don't expose every magic trick they do, they still have many killer effects that will remain secrets, like their bullet catch, shadows, teller drowning. every trick they perform has meaning behind it, and to me, that makes their magic more real and more entertaining. like when they burn the american flag while it is wrapped up in the bill of rights. it gives substance to the things they are doing.

i'm very biased on my opinion on penn and teller, cause they've been my favorite magicians for many many years, and were the reason for me getting into magic, and i am also a libertarian atheist. as for why magic and religion shouldn't mix... well... i'm just gonna let the obvious jokes go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:09 pm 
Emperor Penguin

kraynik63 wrote:
Penn and Teller should expose their original magic. It shows the world that magicians are, in penn and tellers words "Just a couple of guys who learned to do some cool stuff". For instance, their "Blast Off" routine is amazing until they do it a second time. Where's the magic in that? Its just choreography basically. I dont know, their performance got them where they are now, but I think if they kept their secrets they'd be a lot farther down the road...

Well there are many magicians who incorperate religion, and there are stores that sell magic effects centered around religion. so go figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:00 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Magic and religion go hand in hand. If you research magic, you will come across a lot of religion. Magicians are even talked about in the Bible. Without religion, magic would not exist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:41 pm 
born to perform.

I used to like Penn and Teller long ago. But, as they have become more popular and have gained more experience, their performance style has become more confrontational. They used to be goofy, crazy, and fun. Nowadays they have a tendency to be condescending. It feels like the point of their show is to show you just how stupid you are and how clever they are. I don't pay people to be insulted and would not pay to see them live. They should go back to the style that got them to where they are at.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:35 pm 
Penguin

I didnt mean to offend anyone when i said i dont like their promotion of atheism. I'm just a strong catholic that comes from a strong catholic family. I don't judge people for their beliefs. Religion is religion and im tired of people being discriminated for it. If Penn and Teller can perform how they want to, and be as famous and respected as they are, then good for them.