View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:26 am 
born to perform.

The little magic trick in a box tricks when you used to get when you were a kid (like 6-8) inspired me...

-scott-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:55 am 
Penguin

i had a paul daniels set when i was about 6 , i liked it but not a lot......lol
then it wasnt until i was 25 , i was travelling in thailand and saw a young lad with a table selling a few tricks, he was doing dynamic coins, i was amazed, bought the trick off him also a svengali deck andd ive been hooked ever since. i dont watch much tv so missed the whole blaine thing when it took off . ive been doing magic for just over a year now and im still intrigued.
so was it paul daniels or the thai kid???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:44 am 
Penguin

I have had a fluctuating interest in magic over the years - am really getting back into it now. As a result, the have been numerous magicians who have inspired me....

Paul Daniels (UK magician) got me first interested in magic in the late 80s and early 90s through his regular TV show

Penn and Teller had a short lived series in the UK in 1994 called "The Unpleasant World of Penn and Teller". I really got into card tricks after watching their shows and went out and bought a bunch of gimmicked decks. Then my interest waned until '96 when (at home in Australia) the TV networks screened a few of the Worlds Best Magic (or whatever it was called). These prompted me to go buy proper books - and I quickly made my way through the Royal Road to Card Magic and Expert at The Card Table. Then my interest waned again whilst at university.

And now I am back into it, having seen the various street magic specials. I guess David Blaine got my interest piqued again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:07 am 
born to perform.

My grandad.. :oops: :lol: That is how I got started!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:23 am 
Penguin

Thought I'd already posted something here, but it doesn't look like it. So, here it goes ...

My older sister used to do magic tricks (we had a book called Spooky Tricks by Gerald Ames and Rose Wyler, and she liked to do some of the tricks out of it.) And I played card games with her and my cousin ever since I was old enough to read. So that was my first introduction to magic.

What really "inspired" me, though, was a magician that performed at our elementary school. (I really wish I could remember his name!) I only remember a few tricks he did (Milk Pitcher, Wilting Flower, Cut and Restored Rope, and Strat-O-Spheres) but it was enough. (I still perform the same C&R Rope he used and my variation of Strat-O-Spheres in nearly all of my shows.) Add on top of that -- around that time, David Copperfield had several TV specials and then I got to see him in person several times. After that, I was hooked! Checked out library books on magic, asked for a magic kit for Christmas, etc.

I also had the good fortune of meeting the noted Christian magician Felix Snipes. This was the first time I found out that a Christian could use magic to share the Gospel.

Unfortunately, I got out of the magic scene while I was in high school and college, but once I got married and we moved to Fort Worth, TX, I discovered a magic shop within a mile from where we lived. Became good friends with the owner (Bruce Chadwick) and he helped me get back into magic. Bruce introduced me to the Fellowship of Christian Magicians and I was one of the ones who helped start a joint FCM/SAM chapter at his shop.

And it has continued on from there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:17 am 
Penguin

my cousin, some magician when i went on a vacation to england, Blaine, and some random dude on the street who did magic to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:00 am 
Penguin

david copperfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:53 am 
Penguin

Madonna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:06 pm 
Penguin

umm a guy that worked at a restaraunt i seen him do a levitation then he served me another time and he wa sshowing me a bunch of cool tricks now im into magic its my second o yea and david blaine and david coperfeild :roll: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:54 pm 
Penguin

I watched a man named Danny Korem on his video series called "Kid Tricks".
Then I went to my library and checked out a few books. The rest is history!

Austin Waldo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:57 pm 
Penguin

i kinda got into magic from curiosity then i saw david copperfeild and it blew me away thats when i decided i want to amaze people like that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:20 pm 
Penguin

criss angels self levitation and telaportation really interested me and i really want to learn how to do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:58 pm 
born to perform.

i basically inspired my self to keep going at it but the old magic shows that used to be on tv all the time that gave me that push in the right direction and also every time i got that response from my specatators i always look for helps to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:27 pm 
born to perform.

David Blaine was the one that inspired me to do magic. His magic and his style gave me a different view of magic. Before him, I was only exposed to a few stage magicians that came to my school (I never liked stage magic, and still don't). Also, I later lost interest in magic for a while, but was inspired once again by a friend of mine who was a magician and fooled me. This made me want to get back into it again. Now, I am hooked on for life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:25 am 
Penguin

David Copperfield, Criss Angel, Robert-Houdin (just from reading about him), and a magician that I am friends with named Jake.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next