View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:01 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 03 Mar 2003
Posts: 118
JaredGill wrote:
sce3ps1 wrote:
Safefer123 wrote:
ya but if you ask me good magic dose not need personality.


I like the way you spell does


It's a typo :roll:

But I do like how false and naive that statement is... :)


I'll second that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: david blaine
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:20 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 12 May 2006
Posts: 922
Location: cincinnati
Personally I think david blaine is a good magician. Some of you might not agree. But there is no denying that he is a great salesman. ABC doesn't just give average joe nobody his own tv special. Blaine had some serious executive big wigs to convince. Not to mention the sales spike of all of the tricks he has performed. Also, please try to spell the man's name right.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:34 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 135
Location: Don't look outside your window =O
DAVID BLAIN SUCKS!! DAVID BLAIN SUCKS!! HE DID NOT CREATE OR MAKE STREET MAGIC POPULAR THE PERSON THAT DID WAS MY BEST FRIEND I KNOW HIM IN REAL LIFE IS CRISS ANGEL :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:41 am 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 2608
Location: My Mommy Says I Can't Tell You
wyattator wrote:
DAVID BLAIN SUCKS!! DAVID BLAIN SUCKS!! HE DID NOT CREATE OR MAKE STREET MAGIC POPULAR THE PERSON THAT DID WAS MY BEST FRIEND I KNOW HIM IN REAL LIFE IS CRISS ANGEL :D


Criss Angel didnt do sh*t other than follow in Blaine's footsteps! If it wasn't for Blaine Angel wouldn't be where he's at right now! I can't believe you people.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:13 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 135
Location: Don't look outside your window =O
oztheozzie wrote:
wyattator wrote:
DAVID BLAIN SUCKS!! DAVID BLAIN SUCKS!! HE DID NOT CREATE OR MAKE STREET MAGIC POPULAR THE PERSON THAT DID WAS MY BEST FRIEND I KNOW HIM IN REAL LIFE IS CRISS ANGEL :D


Criss Angel didnt do sh*t other than follow in Blaine's footsteps! If it wasn't for Blaine Angel wouldn't be where he's at right now! I can't believe you people.
shut the sh*t up david blain sucks like sh*t!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:40 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 2608
Location: My Mommy Says I Can't Tell You
wyattator wrote:
oztheozzie wrote:
wyattator wrote:
DAVID BLAIN SUCKS!! DAVID BLAIN SUCKS!! HE DID NOT CREATE OR MAKE STREET MAGIC POPULAR THE PERSON THAT DID WAS MY BEST FRIEND I KNOW HIM IN REAL LIFE IS CRISS ANGEL :D


Criss Angel didnt do sh*t other than follow in Blaine's footsteps! If it wasn't for Blaine Angel wouldn't be where he's at right now! I can't believe you people.
shut the sh*t up david blain sucks like sh*t!!


Saying that just shows that Angel fans have no class.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:34 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 01 Jun 2006
Posts: 2743
Location: Posts:5479 President and head leader of the cannot join unless you are Serbian club!And also Canada
I'm personally a Criss Angel fan,and don't really like David Blaine too much.but without David Blaine,magic wouldn't be where it is today.And many magicians like me wouldn't be here today,the bottomline is that David Blaine inspired many great magicians to start magic and to follow what they have a passion for.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:11 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 2608
Location: My Mommy Says I Can't Tell You
ronaldinho wrote:
I'm personally a Criss Angel fan,and don't really like David Blaine too much.but without David Blaine,magic wouldn't be where it is today.And many magicians like me wouldn't be here today,the bottomline is that David Blaine inspired many great magicians to start magic and to follow what they have a passion for.


Thank you. I personally hate Angel, but I have nothing against his fans. But that guy was ridiculous and had no class.

-Oztheozzie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:44 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 30
eh some people are gettin a little rediculous with this, my opinion? blaine and angel helped magic a lot, it made it more popular. magic wise, they are just average, ive seen much better then them. i havnt seen any effects that werent gimmicked excepts blains 1 acr, wich didnt really impress me, oh that and angels HORRIBLE attempt at a pass with some card effect forget what it was exactly. you see, the reason that they are on tv isnt because of their magical ability, its because well, they are very odd characters. angels a freak and blaine puts himself in a fish tank, then lets all the gimmicks do the work for them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:13 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 2608
Location: My Mommy Says I Can't Tell You
philliefan4life1 wrote:
eh some people are gettin a little rediculous with this, my opinion? blaine and angel helped magic a lot, it made it more popular. magic wise, they are just average, ive seen much better then them. I havnt seen any effects that werent gimmicked excepts blains 1 acr, wich didnt really impress me, oh that and angels HORRIBLE attempt at a pass with some card effect forget what it was exactly. you see, the reason that they are on tv isnt because of their magical ability, its because well, they are very odd characters. angels a freak and blaine puts himself in a fish tank, then lets all the gimmicks do the work for them.



Blaine has only done tricks with gimmicks other than ACR? I beg the differ, how about the Simple Switch? Here and There? Hot Shot Cut? Two Card Monte? Balducci Lev?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:15 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 2608
Location: My Mommy Says I Can't Tell You
philliefan4life1 wrote:
eh some people are gettin a little rediculous with this, my opinion? blaine and angel helped magic a lot, it made it more popular. magic wise, they are just average, ive seen much better then them. I havnt seen any effects that werent gimmicked excepts blains 1 acr, wich didnt really impress me, oh that and angels HORRIBLE attempt at a pass with some card effect forget what it was exactly. you see, the reason that they are on tv isnt because of their magical ability, its because well, they are very odd characters. angels a freak and blaine puts himself in a fish tank, then lets all the gimmicks do the work for them.


And Blaine is only on TV for his stunts? His first 2 specials had no stunts, only magic. His Street Magic special is what made him famous and what put him on TV.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:49 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 30
ok the effects you just mentioned, are so simple it wasnt even worth remembering, seriously you really need to hop off blains, nvm, and think logicly, the only reason they are on tv is because their odd characters. they are just average magicians that are good on tv, nothing more. and uh, most the stuff they do on the tv, cant be done well, off the tv without or without friends if you know what im saying.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:44 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 2608
Location: My Mommy Says I Can't Tell You
philliefan4life1 wrote:
ok the effects you just mentioned, are so simple it wasnt even worth remembering, seriously you really need to hop off blains, nvm, and think logicly, the only reason they are on tv is because their odd characters. they are just average magicians that are good on tv, nothing more. and uh, most the stuff they do on the tv, cant be done well, off the tv without or without friends if you know what im saying.


I know Blaine isn't the best out there, that's obvious. But what makes him good is the fact that he came up with an idea to get himself on TV and be successful. He also had the skill and presentation to pull off good material on the show. He inspired so many kids, teens, and adults to take up magic and actually be serious in it, including myself. That's what makes him great, that's what makes him mentionable in the Hall of Fame. And by "freinds", if you mean camera tricks and stooges, I agree for Angel. But Blaine rarely use either. Blaine is also an exceptional live performer if you even doubted it. He used to work in resturaunts and bars. He also performed for countless celebrities, including Bill Clinton.

-tony


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:49 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 2608
Location: My Mommy Says I Can't Tell You
philliefan4life1 wrote:
ok the effects you just mentioned, are so simple it wasnt even worth remembering, seriously you really need to hop off blains, nvm, and think logicly, the only reason they are on tv is because their odd characters. they are just average magicians that are good on tv, nothing more. and uh, most the stuff they do on the tv, cant be done well, off the tv without or without friends if you know what im saying.


Oh and you said those effects are so simple they are not worth remembering, what you dont understand is that simple magic is the best magic. Just because an effect is simple does not make it any less than other effects. Take Here and There, a very basic card effect, when executed and presented correctly, it's just as good as any other card effect out there that involves much more difficult moves. 2 Card Monte, same thing, simple, 2 cards change into 2 other cards while in the hands of the spec, simple and strong. Magic does not need to be difficult and complicated to be good.

-Tony


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:37 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 15 May 2006
Posts: 760
Location: Canmore
We call that close-up!

-shane


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.