View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Sponge Juggling?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:18 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 06 Nov 2007
Posts: 8
I have been juggling for a while, I am glad to see that Penguin has a juggling forum. I was wondering, has anyone other than me tried to juggle Goshman's super soft 2 inch sponges? I juggle almost anything, pennies, dimes, paper wads, but I just cant juggle sponges! And that annoys me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:39 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Posts: 7922
Location: Parkville, MO
My Dad has a friend that can... it's pretty cool. One day I was at my Dad's work and I showed him sponge balls, and then at the end he started juggling them. He did all the fancy stuff, too. I don't know what it's called, but he knew some pretty cool moves. He said that he would just stand above his bed when he was a kid and practice for hours until he got it. I can't juggle at all, though. :cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Cool
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:45 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 06 Nov 2007
Posts: 8
I can juggle 3 of them and do some cool stuff with just three, but it is four that get's me.

Glad to know that I am not crazy or anything like that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:38 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Apr 2006
Posts: 2428
Location: Barrow, Alaska
I just learned four and it's pretty cool. I have to try out the sponge idea though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:12 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 02 Jan 2004
Posts: 62
Location: Aberystwyth, United kingdom
sponge juggling is quite hard, ive just about mastered it myself, they have a tendancy to bounce. The best thing to do is just kepe a slightly firmer grip on the balls and you should do well


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:47 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 18 Nov 2006
Posts: 1152
Location: State champions, baby!
LBCCDave wrote:
The best thing to do is just kepe a slightly firmer grip on the balls and you should do well


That's what she said! :lol:



I'm sorry, i just couldn't resist. :wink:




But on topic, i agree, it's really difficult to juggle sponges. I just stick to normal balls, even when it's incorperated with my magic routine.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: juggling sponges
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:10 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Posts: 79
I tried the other day to juggle the super soft 1 and a half inch balls.Its pretty hard!I can do it for a while but then they fly all over my room. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:50 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 06 Jan 2005
Posts: 872
I don't juggle.

But i think its because wind blows above them, like a feather.

Gravitational pulls are all equal no matter what the mass how ever if air is being blown from under of sides the gravitational pull is disturbed :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:07 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 24 Jun 2006
Posts: 6622
Location: Penguin's Most Feared Intellect
magicraf wrote:
I don't juggle.

But i think its because wind blows above them, like a feather.

Gravitational pulls are all equal no matter what the mass how ever if air is being blown from under of sides the gravitational pull is disturbed :D
Like you said, you don't juggle, so the last part of your statement really doesn't make sense in this sort of topic. Which I think you realized, as you did put the big smiley face. None the less, it was an interesting theory.

Personally, I wouldn't waste time trying to juggle sponge balls, as lay audiences probably wouldn't care that they are more difficult. For magicians, it may be impressive, but I can't really see it impressing a lay audience any more than juggling regular balls.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:48 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 18 Nov 2006
Posts: 1152
Location: State champions, baby!
fallingblood wrote:
magicraf wrote:
I don't juggle.

But i think its because wind blows above them, like a feather.

Gravitational pulls are all equal no matter what the mass how ever if air is being blown from under of sides the gravitational pull is disturbed :D
Like you said, you don't juggle, so the last part of your statement really doesn't make sense in this sort of topic. Which I think you realized, as you did put the big smiley face. None the less, it was an interesting theory.

Personally, I wouldn't waste time trying to juggle sponge balls, as lay audiences probably wouldn't care that they are more difficult. For magicians, it may be impressive, but I can't really see it impressing a lay audience any more than juggling regular balls.


Exactly! I often meet jugglers or magicians who are completely bent on mastering the most difficult tricks or sleights, when they have many other much more entertaining, and easy, tricks.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.