View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: This is why I love magic
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:56 pm 
Penguin

Hello there, fellas

Here's a short story I would like to share and how it made my night.

I went to a mart last night and stopped by at a section where they sell items related to hip-hop and rap fashion. It was near the closing time when I saw this nice pendant that's got the word "MAGIC" printed on it. Since I am a fan of items that look cool even though I don't use them much, I decided to purchase the pendant. The worker took it out of the glass-shelf and handed it to me. I took it in a position which was perfect for executing the French Drop.

I was staring at the pendant and by nature, the worker looked at it as well. I utter "magic" (as if reading the imprint on the steel) and French Dropped it. The worker was stunned and he couldn't resist the smile in his face, he asked me to do it again, which I did using another false transfer method. He was again astonished and I know that it was the best thing that ever happened to him in the day. The store was located in a corner and as far as I know no one really goes there, that in addition to his face which looked stressed enough doing nothing but sitting waiting for customers.

I know I just made his day and just by knowing that, it also made my day.

That's why I love magic. For the lack of idea, I'll just say Magic rocks.

Post subject: Re: This is why I love magic
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:48 am 
born to perform.

That is really cool. I used to avoid "Blaining" for fear of interrupting peoples daily lives. A few weeks back Lee Asher sent out a challenge to everyone on is mailing list to perform magic for a complete stranger. I took him up on it and it was a valuable lesson both in terms of magic and coping with stage freight. Since then I find myself doing it more and more. Today I was waiting for some take out chicken. As usual when stuck waiting for something I pulled out my deck and started practicing some flourishes. After a bit some other people waiting on an order showed up and started watching me practice. I decided, what the heck, and did the biddle trick for them. They got a huge smile, I got a performance rush, everybody's a winner.

Post subject: Re: This is why I love magic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:18 pm 
Penguin

mann185 wrote:
Hello there, fellas

Here's a short story I would like to share and how it made my night.

I went to a mart last night and stopped by at a section where they sell items related to hip-hop and rap fashion. It was near the closing time when I saw this nice pendant that's got the word "MAGIC" printed on it. Since I am a fan of items that look cool even though I don't use them much, I decided to purchase the pendant. The worker took it out of the glass-shelf and handed it to me. I took it in a position which was perfect for executing the French Drop.

I was staring at the pendant and by nature, the worker looked at it as well. I utter "magic" (as if reading the imprint on the steel) and French Dropped it. The worker was stunned and he couldn't resist the smile in his face, he asked me to do it again, which I did using another false transfer method. He was again astonished and I know that it was the best thing that ever happened to him in the day. The store was located in a corner and as far as I know no one really goes there, that in addition to his face which looked stressed enough doing nothing but sitting waiting for customers.

I know I just made his day and just by knowing that, it also made my day.

That's why I love magic. For the lack of idea, I'll just say Magic rocks.

That's awesome, A little dramatic the 'magic' muttering but whatever, it ads to the effect, one time at a hotel I was practicing the Erdnase Color Change with a deck of cards and my hotel passkey, I didn't notice a kid to my side who looked bored but cleared right up after seeing it, did a few quick tricks and then he got dragged away by his parents and he seriously said:,, Bye magic boy.''
oh yeah that's me....magic boy 8) I bet that made his day