View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I was doing card to mouth and the weirdest thing happened...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:12 pm 
Penguin

I was doing my own sleight variation of the card to mouth (Get it? Sleight Variation? I crack myself up :lol:), where I do a DL and cut the cards, pushing their card into a fan in my right hand. I then tell the kid to push the card into the deck (The Card is where it needs to be at this point 8)) but he refuses, he takes the card out of the pack, and without looking at it, he shoves it in deeper into the deck, then without taking his eyes off the card says something that I'm not going to forget for a while, "Now you'll never be able to find it". THE CARDS ALREADY IN MY MOUTH, HE TRIES TO HECKLE ME AND TELLS ME THAT NOW I CAN'T FIND HIS CARD. Needless to say throughout that entire show after that point he shut his mouth :wink: ) Has anything like this ever happened to you guys? I just still can't believe how perfectly it worked out. He spent so long trying to find a spot to put the card in that everyone else looked up and started laughing.

Post subject: Re: I was doing card to mouth and the weirdest thing happened...
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:47 pm 
born to perform.

I've had people try to trip me up before. But I will say the long-standing and annoying (to you) comment: if you were good at handling your audience, this wouldn't have happened. But yes, this sort of thing has happened to me before, but not for a long time.

Post subject: Re: I was doing card to mouth and the weirdest thing happened...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:16 pm 
born to perform.

I've had this happen too (the taking the card out, not looking at it but putting it somewhere else in the fan part) and they had no idea. I love when it works out like that. They weren't trying to heckle me or anything, I just think they didn't like my placement or they may have thought I said they can put it anywhere they want. Regardless, it's only happened once and it was neato.