View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Impromptu Show at the Library
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:27 pm 
born to perform.

So today I was at my local Library helping out the head Librarian (who I used to volunteer for when I was in HS) with a kids puppet show. I had asked her if I could also come and do magic there some time in the future. Today when I was helping the kids with their arts and crafts one kid seemed to be in a perpetual bad mood. On the table was a red piece of yarn with a tiny knot in it. As I had just come from school I had some cards, coins, and sponges on me. Noticing that the kid had a hard time getting his yarn right I asked if I could help. I had already palmed one of my red sponges and took the string and "pulled the knot off" of the yarn. This of course got the kids attention. I went into a basic sponge routine with the kid and soon I had an entire crowd. I ended up doing some coin work, more sponge stuff, and even some card tricks (the card tricks were mainly for the HS helpers but some of the kids were older and wanted me to do one for them) I had several parents ask me if I had a card or if I do birthday parties (I'm in the process of getting a kids show together and printing some business cards) I told them that I would be doing magic at the library from time to time and that I will have some cards by then (I realize now I should have just given them some contact info but it was all spur of the moment) It was great, all of the parents said I was a natural with kids and the kids didn't want to leave. Afterwards the Librarian said that she can't wait to start doing shows at the library. After that she actually surprised me, apparently she had collected some magic tricks for years but never had "the skill or confidence to actually do them" so she said if I wanted to I could borrow the tricks so maybe I could start doing shows earlier than expected. I now have an egg bag, a silk to flag routine, and the ultimate coin bag.

Needless to say this was quite a fun day =D

Post subject: Re: Impromptu Show at the Library
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:52 am 
Penguin

Awesome man. I have a closeup and kids show on my youtube channel. The kids show was my first one ever so I was a bit nervous. I've added some things since then. I now have a coloring book, hippity hop rabits, peanut butter and jelly, and I use a dove pan to produce the balls for the cups and balls routine I do for them. I use ducks as final loads and then go into the 3 duck monte.