View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: criss angel walk up building
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:22 am 
born to perform.

http://www.jokaroo.com/extremevideos/criss_angel_building_walk.html

this is camera editing right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:37 am 
Penguin

This is why I don't like him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:23 am 
born to perform.

I t depends on what you classify as camera tricks. I don't think it's what is classically defined as "camera trick" You would actually see him walking up the wall, but you would also see the cable rig and attachment if the camera allowed you to, which it won't. By not showing you these devices it is merely obscuring your perception from the method used, which the same can be said for back palm. To be using "camera tricks" I would expect them to build a duplicate building, lay it and the camera on it's side, and have Criss walk/run/tapdance across it. That would be a camera trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:24 pm 
Penguin

No it is not a camera trick, he does it live in his stage show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:09 pm 
Penguin

this is criss angels only trick i cant figure out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:18 pm 
born to perform.

robertpaige wrote:
this is criss angels only trick I cant figure out

so you know how the quarter in arm trick works?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:22 pm 
Penguin

The quarter in the arm really isnt hard at all, I do this trick almost exactly as he does it. Its really simple. Im not trying to offend any one but I dont know why its so hard for people to figure out.

Post subject: dont think its a camera trick
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:07 pm 
born to perform.

the building walk just uses the same wires they use for self levitations. Cmon people, are you magicians or not? And it probably isnt a camera trick either cause he seemed to be nervous judging by his posture while he walked down the building. Its possible but unlikely I think. I do think David Blaine uses camera tricks, but I havent seen any tricks on Mindfreak that I think are camera tricks, correct me if im wrong. If you watch close you can even glimpse the wire flash once, my brother and i both spotted it. We couldnt believe they didnt see it when looking at it to put it on tv.

Post subject: Re: dont think its a camera trick
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:26 pm 
Penguin

thecooltonto wrote:
the building walk just uses the same wires they use for self levitations. Cmon people, are you magicians or not? And it probably isnt a camera trick either cause he seemed to be nervous judging by his posture while he walked down the building. Its possible but unlikely I think. I do think David Blaine uses camera tricks, but I havent seen any tricks on Mindfreak that I think are camera tricks, correct me if im wrong. If you watch close you can even glimpse the wire flash once, my brother and I both spotted it. We couldnt believe they didnt see it when looking at it to put it on tv.

actually his levitation he does in his stage show does not use wire's. he uses a gimmick. but he does use wires for the buildinjg walk.

Post subject: Re: dont think its a camera trick
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:32 pm 
Penguin

thecooltonto wrote:
Cmon people, are you magicians or not?

I have to agree with you... Think about it... If you believe that Criss is walking up the building then maybe Santa will bring you his first season on DVD next Christmas....

Angel is all camera, stooges and wires... His levitation is a clever gimmick but not practical for street magicians... I had high expectations for his show... But I knew little about him...

I would love to see Angel and Blaine go head to head...I think it would be a great money maker and maybe Angel could afford some better tricks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:52 pm 
Penguin

Angel was doing [edited]-up [edited] long before blaine started his stunts ....

Criss did the whole under-water thing, in a houdini water-torture cell, then finished it by doing the escape.

Criss hung from hooks in his back for a day on display in time square.

these are tests or tricks not I'm going to try to do something silly for a really long time while there are clips of me doing tricks which I didn't practice enough for....

Every Blaine trick you can A) get from a free e-book, or B) buy for pretty darn cheap...

Criss Angel has some class by practicing before he shows a trick, and by practicing enough so that the only option for laymen to beleive is that it actually is magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:07 pm 
Penguin

JChristian wrote:
Angel was doing [edited]-up [edited] long before blaine started his stunts ....

Criss did the whole under-water thing, in a houdini water-torture cell, then finished it by doing the escape.

Criss hung from hooks in his back for a day on display in time square.

these are tests or tricks not I'm going to try to do something silly for a really long time while there are clips of me doing tricks which I didn't practice enough for....

Every Blaine trick you can A) get from a free e-book, or B) buy for pretty darn cheap...

Criss Angel has some class by practicing before he shows a trick, and by practicing enough so that the only option for laymen to beleive is that it actually is magic.

Angel doesn't rely on practice to make his effects work... He relys on the stooges and camera editing to make his ellusions work....

Yea he does some pretty crazy mind over matter stuff... But that just makes him a stunt man not a magician...

Could it be that Baline is more popular...Maybe thats why his tricks are everywhere?

Could it be that Angel Pays other magicians to to use their tricks so he is not able to put out these tricks? Blaine does the same the S.T.S. is a perfect example...

Even his Quarter thru the Can was inspired by Banacheck....

What has Criss Angel done that can be explained by Camera effects or Stooges?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:23 pm 
born to perform.

I totally agree JChristian, even if Angel does have camera tricks he doesn't have anymore than Blaine. I might be wrong but I don't think Blaine has one effect that he made being marketed, and Criss does. I see much more thought in Criss' stuff than Blaine's. Still I get the feeling without a stage, assistant, or preparation Blaine would be much more entertaining than Angel. But i totally agree with you on what you said

And what good magician doesn't do tricks that need an assistant? Ever use gimmicks or cards? Someone made those, so you've all got an assistant somewhere. Camera tricks, they're low, but assistants?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:36 am 
Penguin

headmine, nothing you said made any sense or it all contradicted itself. Any way, how many tricks have you made your self? A lot of what magic is, is reperforming tricks that other magicians came up with. I have made a few up of my own tricks but obviously, if thats all I did I would only have 2 effects and thats kind of boring. David and Criss have 'consultants' they all work together to come up with news effects or rework old ones. If I remember right when Criss first did the Signed coin thru soda can every one said, oh thats camera magic, or whatever. He MAY have used a stooge for the sake of getting the type of can he wanted to use, but by no means did he have to. Its like I have said many times before, until Criss comes up and exposes how EVERY THING he does is done it will be camera editing and he will be said to uses stooges in every effect.

Im sure Criss doesnt make MUCH more than Blaine, edited Blaine might even make more I dont know. None the less Criss has enough respect for the art to go out and look for old tricks or to spend $700 for a trick. Why? Because chances are very few people have ever seen it. With Blaine it seems like hes just a walking advertisement for magic stores. Every new magician and some more advanced ones see his tricks and instantly want to run out and buy them, and why not almost EVERY THING he does it for sell so they know they will be able to get it. With Criss you see it and you are amazed. You cant go out to the store the next day and buy it for $20 so you dont know how it works. So.. to every one who cant buy the explanation to his tricks it must be stooges, wires, and camera tricks. Criss is retaining the basics of magic, and that is, you shouldn’t be able to explain it. When you see it done you should have no other explanation except it was real magic. Sadly enough, its not real magic any more its camera magic now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:23 pm 
born to perform.

Amen openwire, I totally agree with you. Although Blaine isn't really a bad magician, he's just not the best. I bet though Criss Angel's levitating from one building to another will be a camera trick or have no audience though. Kind of like his building walk I guess. It wasn't a camera trick technically, but my guess is the levitation would be easier to mess up, so they won't put a true audience there to watch. (as in like at least 20 real spectators) Thats one of the best things about Blaine's style though, you know the main trick in his shows isn't going to be something you couldn't watch yourself cause there are always tons of people watching it. Of course other tricks in his shows are often camera tricks though. I think if either of them were on here reading what we say about them we would all agree that they both need to stop doing camera tricks. The thing with them is where do you stop? Why not go ahead and have a computer animation person make you grow four feet? That would be a good trick, I mean its ridiculous they would go that low. I hate camera tricks, there is nowhere to stop with them. With a camera anything can be done, but it can be done easily with it. The dumb thing is it can probably be done without the camera too. So why go that low and be that pathetic?