View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:10 pm 
Penguin

i will admit, i do love criss angel's show, and i watch it all the time. but i do think that he uses some camera tricks. it's just too impossible. and if he isn't using camera tricks, then he's doing something fishy. it also makes me suspicious when he asks the people if they've ever met before. that (to me) says, " i know these people and they work for me" i believe that david blaine doesn't know the people on the streets he does tricks to. this person isn't my favorite magician (not even close), but i have to say that wayne houchin is a genius when it comes to tricks. stigmata, coin in soda can, i don't remember the name but the one where you stop your pulse. i have them all, and they are all incredible!

Post subject: Re: criss angel
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:56 am 
Penguin

oztheozzie wrote:
wyattator wrote:
hungary2 wrote:
criss angel is the best magician and illusionist ever. and one of his best tricks was when he levitated from one building to another. I DONT CARE WHAT ANYBODY THINKS HES STILLTHE BEST.
DUDE, YOU ARE SO RIGHT!! HE IS THE BEST! I MEAN WHO ELSE CAN SEND A QUARTER RIGHT THROUGH THERE ARM? AND LEVITATE THAT FAR AND THAT HIGH? DEFENITLY NOT DAVID BLAIN HE SUCKS ON ICE!! AND THIS EMOTICONS ARE FOR PEOPLE WHO THINK DIFFRENT :evil: :x

Yeah, Angel's camera tricks is really better than Blaine doing real tests of human endurance. :roll:

Oasis and Submerged werent tests of human endurance? get real...dont forget the test of Oasis started before he even got in it...no food and hardly any sleep for like 3 days BEFORE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:36 pm 
Penguin

Criss Angel is good at what he does.

And what he does is host a television show about magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:11 pm 
Penguin

ok...if criss angel is really about camara tricks, then why did he win the magician of the year award 2 TIMES?!?!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:48 pm 
born to perform.

3 times but yes my point exactly. they don't hand that out to just anybody.

THnks

Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:01 am 
Penguin

Criss is awsome.hes one of my idols, ne 1 who likes wut he does and is an inspiration 2 u say I!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:29 am 
Penguin

Chris Angel is the No. 1 awesomest magician, I think hes awesome, if you have something to say you say it to all the other hundreds of billions of Chrisaholics!!!

Post subject: like who you want
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:58 pm 
Penguin

Like who you want but Ive read this entire thread and alot of you seem to be commerialized... What I mean is that you are missing the real definition of what some might consider a legit magician.. Chris's TV show is good entertainment and its just that.. We obviously know that nobody can with the power of their mind levitate something or themselves but it still looks entertaining..

Now Im not saying it needs to really happen with no gimmicks but take this for example. Wrestling on TV.. Im sorry to break your heart but its FAKE and here comes the important part is that everyone are paid actors. If you need to pay people to act like they are astonished at what you just did or pay them to say "yeah thats what i was thinking" then how can you really qualify that as being the greatest? I can levitate myself from building to building with a crane a greenscreen and fancy camera tricks and then put it on tv after editing out the chord that is moving me in the air you and think Im a great magician.. If you were there in person and seen him do it then by all means be amazed.. I urge you to watch that clip again and pay attention the spectators. Do you really think that everybody that was passing through that intersection of Chris's Levitation and their daily lives just happen to be hip, well dressed, and ehh bad actors? I mean where is the town bum at that hangs out there? Wheres that guy that hasnt showered in 4 days and where is the girl that didnt look like she planned on being on TV today?

Do not misunderstand me I am not bashing because I love this stuff but I cant be really impressed with something that seems or is entirely contructed.. It is fine to construct the magic itself but do not construct your audience and or pay them to act like you are the coolest. The greatest magician gets real authentic reactions from his/her audience.. If a trick requires you to have an assistant then so be it but dont fake the audience.. Chris Angel has done this... Do I think hes a bad magician? No not at all, I just think he sold out to the Ideas of his TV crew. TV can make things look like magic without Chris Angel..

Another deceptive thing is some peoples subconcious. For example Chris Angle looks pretty cool you have to admit he just looks like a little bit of a Freak hence the phrase Mind Freak. This helps the magic when a person looks mysterious and can do mysterious things.. And in alot of us deep down we want that to be us.. We want to look cool and mysterious and have our own TV show.

A final note because Im dragging this post out too far

Just make decisions of what you think is great because You think it is great.. Not because TV tells you its great or because his name is assosiated with so much magic.. If you honestly think after reviewing some of his shows that some to alot of the audience members are not being paid to give the reactions then Ignore this post and sorry for wasting your time in your life that you will never get back. Also when I say paid some people might act for him just to be on TV.

Does every stranger you walk up to in the street to show a magic stop and say ok? No they dont some people think you might be mugger or they just dont have time.. Most "stranger" Chris approaches knows hes coming.. I imagine they have to sign a release to be on the show and everything. Just food for thought.. Take it easy and make your own decisions.. If you think hes the best ever than rock on as long is its your evauluation...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:23 am 
Penguin

EITHER WAY... HE DA BEST!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:23 pm 
born to perform.

im tired of people saying david blaine sucks. i dont care about this criss angel conversation but blaine does not suck. if he sucks so bad how come your not on t.v. how come your not trapped in a bubble or standing on buildings for long amounts of time and risking your life for magic to entertain us. it doesnt matter if you dont like him but if he sucks id like to see you on t.v doing a stunt with millions of people watching

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:07 pm 
Penguin

yer, i agree, I think criss angel rules, but on the david blane subject you are 100% right, i hate all those videos making fun of him, it would be hard to do any better then criss or david!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:14 pm 
Emperor Penguin

If you're going to state why Criss is the best, then state why in an intelligent manner. From what I'm seeing in this thread, the people who are in love with Criss have been in magic for a short period of time. You can tell this because of their spelling and grammer.

The majority of people who have been into magic for quite some time will not say Criss is the best. Some may like him, and others may not. Personally, I have no repsect for him, because he acts like a cocky bastard. Also, I think he misused his knowledge on his Halloween Special. What he did on that episode was completely unethical as far as I'm concerned. His constant challengings of other magicians (David Blaine) is also unethical in my opinion.

He does have some skill. But a lot of what he's showing on his show is nothing more than camera tricks. He's not as good as he tries to protray himself as. There are many others who would show him up easily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:19 pm 
Emperor Penguin

00linc wrote:
yer, I agree, I think criss angel rules, but on the david blane subject you are 100% right, I hate all those videos making fun of him, it would be hard to do any better then criss or david!
Not really. There are many magicians better then both Criss and David. Criss is trying to do the whole Mentalism scene, but Derren Brown far exceeds Criss. Derren Brown is a better mentalist, and card handler then Criss could ever be. Honestly, I would have to say that Derren Brown is a better card handler then David Blaine is as well.

David Blaine though, is a great endurance artist. He does a little magic, but that's not what he is about anymore. I respect his change. And he is great at what he does. There are many magicians who are better then him though (at magic, not endurance stunts). I'm sure David would admit this himself, if asked.

So, there are many magicians who are much better then the two.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:21 pm 
Penguin

oztheozzie wrote:
Quote:
they are not camera tricks you cant tell bc the screen will turn black for not even close to a second

By the way, that doesn't really even make sense.
how does that not make sense? the screen will turn black for a mili-second

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:45 pm 
Emperor Penguin

wyattator wrote:
oztheozzie wrote:
Quote:
they are not camera tricks you cant tell bc the screen will turn black for not even close to a second

By the way, that doesn't really even make sense.
how does that not make sense? the screen will turn black for a mili-second
Not necessarily. There are programs that can get rid of that.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next